*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032176-Dangerous-mail
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #2272711
A husband is over his head. When approached by a man in a bar
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1032176 added May 9, 2022 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Dangerous mail
John Looked at his wife they had been married for some time Long enough to have a kid together at least, and John flashbacked to how they had met. Before he had started working for the federal reserve he had been a bartender at Fat Tuesdays a bar near George Mason University. She had been a Freshman who had come from a small town in Tennessee to study law at the University. At that time he was bartending trying to figure out what he wanted to do with his life.


His dad a long-time northern Virginia native had wanted him to go to Quantico. Saying how smart and intelligent he was and that he was wasting his time bartending for drunken college kids. His mom had been a little more supportive she was the more liberal of the two managings an art gallery in D.C.
“ oh, Hank” she had said one September night as they sat around the TV in their upscale Herndon home. His dad had on NCIS he was obsessed with crime dramas.
“ just let John express himself”. At that, his dad snorted setting down his can of beer on the coffee table. Unpurposely not using the tulip shape coaster his wife had bought from some stupid craft show.
“ fine whatever express yourself but you’re not doing it at my home go to college, Quantico, Hell join the circus for all I care but you’re not gonna lay around my house smoking pot and being lazy” Hank says taking another swig of beer.


So at week's end, John had left and moved to Burke with some friends of his, and had gotten the bartending job. After a few hard nights, he had found he was good at it, and that he was charming to the ladies. As his tips showed which is how he had met and gotten Eryns phone number.


And the rest was history eventually he did have to get an actual job. It wasn’t Quantico like his father had dreamed but it was a cushy job working for the federal reserve and a nice house in Alexandria. Which more importantly made Eryn happy which counted more to him, and so time passed and they had Tommy and everything was going smoothly.



Until that one January night when a paper in a manila envelope was slid under his office door, he was on his way out of his office sending a quick text to his wife that he was coming home. Excited to get back to her and the kid he almost had not seen the folder. Except for the fact that his phone had pinged which had caused him to look down to see the folder. Thinking nothing of it he picked it up and was about to carry it with him to the car. When his eyes landed on the red classified notice, and he froze.
© Copyright 2022 Man in black (UN: maninblack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Man in black has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032176-Dangerous-mail