*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029043-Not-a-Fluke
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1029043 added March 18, 2022 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
Not a Fluke
Author's Note: This was written March Musical Monkey Madness see: "Note: March Musical Monkey Madness Blogging Prompt..."

Prompt: Many artists are one-hit wonders.... Did this fate befall your Muse and Andre? Why or Why not?


***


Ah the question a lot of people ask about Musicians... was Andre a One Hit Wonder? In a word...No.

To be fair... Andre, The Florida Keys and Mara tended to perform covers rather than their own material. Their success is based on their band skills, showmanship and in Mara's and Johnny's cases vocal range rather than their composing ability. As a Keys member Andre shares the honor of have 5 of the bands original songs top the charts. Their Rock Number "Monkeys with a Fiddle" topped the chart and was the number one most requested Song on MTV* for 68 weeks. Andre and Mara did release a few more Hit Duets also that sold really well in addition to the hit showcased in the previous entry. I think a lot of what made their singles so popular is the chemistry between these performers. It hard not smile when watching them.

Between his success as a band member, his duets with Mara, and his Solo performances as a Trumpeter, Andre did amazingly well. However it wasn't just him. Mara did well in her own right and had a great career as a solo as well. So did the rest of Florida Keys. All of the Band's Members of went on to have successful careers both in and out of Music. DK as you know was quite successful going into the family business staring in his own Gaming Series "Donkey Kong Country". Johnny had a successful film career. As for Caesar...you might even say he took the world by Storm himself. *Monkey*


*Probably not that MTV you are thinking of unless the one you are picturing stands for Monkey Television.

Word Count: 305

© Copyright 2022 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029043-Not-a-Fluke