*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026898-Angie-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1026898 added February 21, 2022 at 8:53pm
Restrictions: None
Angie-day
As I responded to Lyn:

I found a friend.
*Music2**Music2*:
I lost a friend.
*Music2**Music2*:
It still hurts at times so I try not to think about him.
*Music2**Music2**Music2**Music2**Music2**Music2**Music2* :
But his name comes to mind.
*Music2**Music2**Music2*
His name escapes my lips.
*Music2**Music2**Music2*
I found a friend until I lost him.
*Music2**Music2**Music1**Music2**Music2*

4/4/14/6/6/9

True. (1974-2003)

I wrote to today's prompt and then 'colored it' in shades of green. Don't think it turned out well; but, my opinion doesn't count for much.

Dappled Day Dawning

\\\\\\\The||frisky////breeze||played|
|with//the|leaves//leaving\\patterns
of///dark-green|||and///green-gold
||sprinkled///across||||////||the////////
////lawn////////*Flowery*//////\\\The//young|||
||sapling//joined//\\in||swaying/////
||in//a//////dance///*Flowery*And//me?\\\I////
//sat//there/mesmerized/entranced,
\\a\\\chameleon,\\changing//colors
—from—/////||\\\\\this||||to||||that\\\\\.


© 2022 Kåre Enga [178.369] (17.februar.2022)

For
FORUM
EXPRESS IT IN EIGHT  (13+)
This is a poetry sharing activity for expression and entertainment!
#2232169 by Solace.Bring


Dappled Day Dawning

The frisky breeze played with the leaves
leaving patterns of dark-green and green-gold
sprinkled across the lawn. The young
sapling joined in swaying
in a dance. And me? I
sat there mesmerized, entranced
a chameleon changing colors
—from— this to that.

"Dappled Day Dawning [369]

Ate two chocolate-cherry cordials. *Cherries* Drinking more coffee, black at the moment.

Day after Angie (February 18th)

Found out that the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival starts tonight. "The film lineup includes 50 features and 95 short documentary films including 50 World Premieres and 21 North American Premieres.

A pass to 5 films = $40. I can get a virtual pass (on-line access)for $100. I've enjoyed it in the past. Do I go? Watch? On-line is only worth it if I watch 12 sessions. That's a lot of watching imho.

Then again... the temps are plunging Sunday night and hi/low will be 19/-7 for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

SPAGHETTI with meat sauce

Scored a lunch, a coffee. Sat with Willie, Laxmi, Patrick, Phil. I was reminded that I talk too much... *Worry*

There's very little news when I don't venture out. *Cry* Sorry.

*Reading* I finished the first part (of 4) of Blood is not the water by local writer Mara Panich (from Indiana). It was hard for me to hear her voice. Maybe if I asked her to read one of her poems? Whatever. I did like "Blood is Not the Water" and a couple other poems. Very different writing style from mine.

Saturday: I ran into Stephanie and Max. They are part of the Film Festival in town. Max's story is one of transformation from plans to attack a mosque to becoming a Muslim. There's hope.

*Ghost* I commented to Patricia: I should seriously consider moving to Europe before I'm too old. Transportation is an issue in the US. As for what I consider 'insanity'... that's curable but pandemic at this moment in history. Florida and Texas seem to have severe cases of the 'hates'.

Naples never shows up on my list of places to move to. Tampa Bay does but Cincinnati would be better.

What/who am I willing to give my life for? Written about that a few times. *Smile*

*Idea* I made some weekly goals:

1. I will finish the entries I started for February contests.
2. I will blog once/week whether I feel like it or not.
3. I will call family whether they answer or not.
4. I will get out in spite of sub-zero weather (just not today).
5. I will make a to-do list for travelling.

Have you heard of the Latin Bridge in Sarajevo? I've been there. It's where WW1 started. Remember this when the UN meets in an emergency session. The chance of a full-scale war by the weekend is no longer unthinkable.
5624

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026898-Angie-day