*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025491-Clueless-in-the-Cellar---12622
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1025491 added January 27, 2022 at 2:51pm
Restrictions: None
Clueless in the Cellar - 1/26/22
Prompt: It's a funny thing now that we are all gathered here in The Banana Bar with our muses, waiting for the Day 3 prompt to finally be revealed, when all of a sudden the lights went out, and when the lights came back on you find yourself in the Banana Bar Basement. Oh No! That's not good. Luckily there was a pen and paper left behind, probably by the last group of bloggers I trapped in the basement somehow. Write about what you find or discover in the basement, and how you find your way out. or if you find your way out Do you meet anyone down there? Is your muse helpful in helping you navigate a path back upstairs?

The lights came back on and I was somehow in the basement of the Banana Bar. I look around and discover I'm alone. Where'd everyone else go? How on earth did I get into the basement? There's creepy chuckling to my right so I look in that direction and see a table holding a pencil, paper, and that damned creepy stuffed monkey that I thought I had gotten rid of back in October. It's just looking at me with those black button eyes, grinning that same cloth grin that never leaves its face. It gave me goosebumps. More chuckling, but they weren't coming from the stuffed monkey, they were coming from deeper in the shadows. The chuckles turned into more feminine, bell-like tinkling giggles as I peered deeper into the shadows. Then I figured it out. Ravyn was back; for what reason, I had no idea. "Ravyn, why'd you bring me down here? They were just about to reveal the day three prompt!"

The question just made Ravyn's giggle turn into a laugh. I thought to myself, Oh no! This cannot be good! when her laugh finally subsided, she responded, "Silly woman, I didn't bring you here, but I saw who did! And they gave out the day three prompt yesterday! You've been out of it for an entire day!"

"What do you mean 'an entire day' Ravyn? It's Wednesday January 26. And if you didn't bring me here, who did?"

More giggling. "Whoa! You're still out of it aren't you?! Today is Thursday January 27!"

The room became hazy and filled with the smell of weed. MJ materialized from the haze and said, "Oh Rave, leave her alone. Can't you see she's confused?"

"Confused?" I yell. "I'm not confused! I lost an entire day! I want to know exactly what happened you two!"

"I wasn't me, man." MJ pouted.

"Me either," giggled Ravyn, "but you do have to admit it's pretty funny."

"What's so funny Ravyn? Have you been into MJ's stash or something?" I ask frustratedly.

"No, silly. You know I like to see you all stressed out. It's when I'm at my best!"

MJ yawned disinterestedly and chimed in, "It was that cheeky little furball that old Grumpy took under his wing. I guess it decided you were the next victim of its," and here she put up her fingers as if she were mimicking quotation marks, "little game."

"Well Damn! I'm sorry for thinking it was one of you, but you two are the ones who usually play tricks on me. Can either of you at least help us get out of this mess?" I ask.

"Not me," MJ retorted. "I've got a bowl of cereal calling my name."

"Why would I help you?" Ravyn sulked. "You thought I got you into this pickle!"

"Oh! Pickles!" MJ exclaimed. And with that, she vanished from the room, taking the haze and smell with her.

Ravyn just looked at me smugly. Her eyes gleaming as if daring me to ask again for her help. Instead, I ask her, "Why are you still here? If you won't help me figure out how to get out of here, you're just getting in the way!"

"Oh, but you know how I love to see you in distress! I think I'll stay a bit longer!"

I walk around, mumbling to myself about the unfairness of it all. Why'd I have to get such stubborn, annoying muses?! Why was I the one that little furball decided to play its tricks on? How am I supposed to figure out how to get out of here? And HOW did I lose an entire day?!

All of a sudden, the air in the basement became really warm. Ravyn gasped in terror; something I had never heard her do before. Whatever was coming couldn't be anything good! The light coming from the opposite corner of the room was blinding. It scorched my eyes even while they were closed. The room continued to become even more warm. Then the lights returned to almost normal, and the temperature of the room became a perfect 70 degrees Fahrenheit. When I could once again see, I look to where the blinding light has originated. Across the room, there sat a large Peterbald cat. Its coat was a gorgeous grey in color and had a slight fuzz to it. The animal had an air of royalty to it, as it sat there staring at me. I heard Ravyn quietly say, "I'm outta here! Catch you later!"

In my head, a new voice spoke, "No Ravyn, I'll catch you later." And Ravyn vanished. So much for help from my muse! But the voice spoke in my head again, "Do you not remember me? We are joined together as surely as you are joined with the nuisance or that stoned wonder. Let me refresh your memory..."

Then many images popped into my mind! So many near death experiences, times of being comforted, times of being lost but somehow finding my way home.

"These were all my doing. I have tried to remain in the shadows, but I see it is now time that I help you remember who I am. Let me start with my name, I am Nebula. We have spent many lives together and there are many more still for us to see. I felt that you are lost so I came once again to your aid. I felt that you are need of comfort, so I am here to offer you my support. I cannot help you find the time you have lost, but I can help you find your way out of this basement and back to the sunlight."

I stare in awe, only the tiniest bit of memory of this being tickling the recesses of my mind. All I can think to say is, "Thank you."

"Sometimes it is okay that you cannot find your words, dear. And as far as the little trickster that sent you here, I have my own game in store."

Nebula guided me through the darkened tunnel back to the back room of the Banana Bar, curled around me in a comforting gesture of love, and said, "Now I'm off. I have a little game of Cat and Mouse to play."







© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025491-Clueless-in-the-Cellar---12622