*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024612-5-Day-Mini-Challenge---11322---Bermuda-Triangle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024612 added January 13, 2022 at 2:27pm
Restrictions: None
5 Day Mini Challenge - 1/13/22 - Bermuda Triangle
5 Day Mini Challenge #4 - The Bermuda Triangle

Andre says he once drove to the Bermuda Triangle and doesn't recall having any unusual experience there.
He did report the feeling that he was missing the memory of a little time that passed while he was there, around 36 hours. I believe that vodka may have played a role in Andre's missing time. Still, the reputation of the area leads one to ponder the reasons for the many stories.


What's the Secret of the Bermuda Triangle?
Unless you've never been near a drugstore paperback rack and don't surf cable channels late at night, you've undoubtedly heard of the Bermuda Triangle, aka the Devil's Triangle. It's an area of water between Florida, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda that, according to pop mythology, contains some sort of malevolent force that causes ships, planes, and people to disappear, never to be seen again. Some have put the blame on extraterrestrial invaders capturing humans for study, on inter-dimensional vortices, and even on oceanic flatulence (methane gas erupting from ocean sediment)


The secret of the Bermuda Triangle isn't really a secret at all. It is an oubliette created by the civilization which had also built Atlantis. It is a dungeon created to hold the Titans. What happens is, when the Titans become hungry, the top of the oubliette opens and sucks in whatever unlucky things happen to be in the roughly 1,250,000 square mile area. The power of the suction is such that it even pulls down planes from the sky. When the top of the oubliette opens, a thick fog surrounds the area in order to keep the Titans inside and also has the effect of throwing both oceanic vessels and planes off their course, a feature that ensures more of a likelihood to bring in decent fodder to feed the monsters. The mechanism which opens the portal operates on such a frequency that it renders all compasses unable to be used and has been known to short-out the circuitry of devices like pacemakers. Few people and vessels have made it out of the Bermuda Triangle when the portal device is engaged. An increase in documentation of the mysterious disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle in within the last one-hundred years can be attributed to modern communication technology.

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024612-5-Day-Mini-Challenge---11322---Bermuda-Triangle