*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024606-5-Day-Mini-Challenge-Day-3---Jan-12-2022---Lord-Lucan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024606 added January 13, 2022 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
5 Day Mini Challenge Day 3 - Jan. 12, 2022 - Lord Lucan
Jan. 12, 2022


Day 3 of the 5 Day Mini Challenge
Prompt:The Curious and Mysterious Disappearance of Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan, who vanished in 1974 following the murder of his children's nanny. Will we ever know what happened to him? Soon before 10 pm on 7 November 1974, Lady Lucan, hysterical and blood-covered, burst into The Plumbers Arms in Belgravia, London. She was screaming about the murder of her children’s nanny and that she had barely escaped with her life. What’s more, she named her estranged husband, Richard John Bingham, Earl of Lucan, as the attacker.


How it went down: Lucan had been spying on his estranged wife for months in an attempt to find evidence of her having a mental illness so he might gain custody of his children. On the night in question, Lucan's wife, Veronica, invited him into the house to discuss the private detectives he had hired to follow her around. When he entered the home, the first person he came across was the nanny, Sandra Rivett. She was dead on the floor of the basement, her body placed in a canvas bag. Later the police would determine that a pipe had been used to bludgeon her to death. Lucan ran from the scene and attempted to wake one of the neighbors. Veronica took this chance to further frame her estranged husband and placed a pipe similar to the one she used to kill the nanny in the trunk of his car. Then Veronica runs to the Plumbers Arms with the story that her husband had killed the nanny and attacked her; while in reality, Lady Lucan had bludgeoned the nanny with the pipe and Sandra had fought back, injuring Veronica. Lady Lucan then contacted the police and told them the fantastical story she had concocted to pin the murder on Lucan, which was her plan all along. Lucan, realizing she was accusing him of the deed, ran to his friend's where he wrote letters to his friends Bill and Michael as well as an additional one covering financial matters on a notepad which he then placed in his trunk. The media was quick to blame him for the debacle although not all the evidence pointed at him. In his effort to escape prosecution for something he did not do, he attempted to call in a favor from some shady characters from his gambling days. Instead of helping him escape, they killed him and dumped his remains in the foundation of a new building that was being erected in a nearby township. And that is why he has not been seen since... or is it?

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024606-5-Day-Mini-Challenge-Day-3---Jan-12-2022---Lord-Lucan