*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024283-Jan-6-2022-LOCO-motion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024283 added January 6, 2022 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Jan. 6, 2022: LOCO-motion
PROMT FOR JANUARY 6,2022.
Blog about your most memorable flight or other form of transportation. Was it your dream trip or nightmare journey?



Most Memorable Flight:
I had flown on planes before, but they were commercial passenger flights. Big planes full of people. Then, while I was finishing up my biology degree, I was part of a small group of researchers in the biology department who were invited to present our research at the Society for Ecological Restoration conference near Big Bend National Park in Southwest Texas. We took a small passenger plane rather than a big commercial flight. As we were taking off, the thing is shaking and I'm thinking the bucket of bolts wouldn't make it into the sky. It did, of course but smoke began pouring out - from under my seat! Eventually the smoke stopped and we made it to our destination just fine. I was freaking out about it for nothing. I have to say though, that was by far my most memorable flight!


Memorable to everyone except me (talk about a nightmare!):
I had a driving incident where I don't even remember leaving the house - but some how I managed to not have to be taken to the hospital. One morning my daughters had gotten on the school bus and although I was feeling off I apparently decided to drive into town. From what I am told, I drove down the highway on the wrong side of the road the ten miles into town. At some point, some sheriff's vehicles were in pursuit. While this is happening, one of the kids on the bus asked my youngest daughter, "Isn't that your mom?" She saw me and said, "Yeah" and slunk down in her seat knowing what was happening - I was in the middle of a seizure. Eventually, I ran into a sign and came to a stop. The cops called my husband from the crash site and had him come get me. When Mark got there to get me, the cops told him that I needed to get some sleep - no ticket, nothing except "she needs sleep". I know God was watching out for me and everyone else on the road that day. I still don't know how I survived with nothing but bruises and I don't know how I didn't hit any other car or hurt anyone.


green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024283-Jan-6-2022-LOCO-motion