*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023049-Inequities-wealth-budgeting-peace
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1023049 added December 10, 2021 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Inequities, wealth, budgeting, peace...
I responded to Prosperous Snow celebrating in "Human Rights Day: Prince of Peace (about Baha'u'llah)

I think inequities is the key here. When everyone is poor they don't know that they're 'poor'. When they have enough they share; when they don't it gets ugly.

Odd to think that Bezos makes more in a minute than you and I receive receive in one year (combining our incomes).

According to google "This works out as $6.25bn per month, $1.44bn per week, $205m per day, $8.56m per hour, and $142,667 per minute."

Elon Musk makes more.

But that's beyond inequities. Wealthy are flocking to Montana (at least in the summer) buying up properties as second and third homes or as investment, AirBnBs, while the homeless are still housed in shelters during the winter (and criminalized for being poor).

Bezos/Musk are not at fault for that though. In a consumer culture of my toys are bigger than your toys, Bezos/Musk is merely the result not the cause.

'Human Rights' are seldom on people's thoughts during this 'Season of Gluttony'.


Added: Yours is the only mention I have seen today regarding human rights. There has been mention of minority rights in China recently, as well as Burma. Both of them could point back to the USA and recent violence. Peace is more than an end to War... and human rights to language and religion is a factor, as are social and economic inequities.

I responded to Sorji "The urge has returned.

I don't like shopping. And during this season? No no no no no... *Bigsmile*.

Should I cut back on coffee? Maybe after the next cup... maybe, maybe not. I prefer water to soda so I'm fortunate. Soda can cost; ever figured out what your monthly soda-budget is?

My weekly lunch budget was $20 for a subsidized 'senior' meal until they went up to $25. Now it's $00.00 as I'd rather cook than pick up a 'take-out' that doesn't suit me. I'd throw half away.

At the moment I'm boiling carrots, that were given to me, with pumpkin spice.


Added. Yesterday, 8 hot dogs cost me $1.30 and 8 hot dog rolls $1.50. I boiled two and added sauteed bell-pepper and onion (given to me by a friend who's traveling). That came to $.70 for tonight's meal. Of course, coffee is extra *Laugh*... about $.09.

I responded to Harlow Flick, Right Fielder "Invalid Entry

I like this rambling. Because we are 'of an age' I react to the military and police in a similar way. Yes, I've known wonderful examples of both, but I cringe when I think of their purpose (to kill - military) and recent conduct (license to kill - police).

I was born in a shit-hole country... shittier than many because the shitters don't even admit that they shit. Oh, America, so much promise, so much that's good, yet what a shame that greed and ignorance have overwhelmed you.


Added: Yep. Michael Nesmith died today, age 78. We're on our way to join him. No hurry though. There are still peaceniks among us here in Missoula, but the internal wars on the marginalized and minorities: poor-people, immigrants and non-Christians (among others) continues unabated.



5394

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023049-Inequities-wealth-budgeting-peace