*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022751-Land-of-Fiction-in-the-Cosmos-of-Eternal-Speculation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1022751 added December 4, 2021 at 2:43am
Restrictions: None
Land of Fiction in the Cosmos of Eternal Speculation.
Truthfulness is the foundation of all human virtues. Without truthfulness progress and success, in all the worlds of God, are impossible for any soul. When this holy attribute is established in man, all the divine qualities will also be acquired.

— Bahá’u’lláh, Advent of Divine Justice, p. 22


The reason why I hated the conspiracy prompt at 30dbc (November 21) is this:

Some of my friends got stuck in neutral: "what about..." "why?" "why not?" They went nowhere because to go somewhere you basically have to have friction. Reality would provide friction... but that's too inconvenient. Let's live in the Land of All Fiction no Friction in the Cosmos of Eternal Speculation. Hmm.

I was a daydreamer as a child, still am; but, I ate and pooped. If I didn't I'd be dead long ago.


So... that was a response to Robert's entry "It's A Conspiracy!. I needn't repeat what he said. Go read it.

Conspiracies, like gossip and false accusations, do real harm. People get killed all the time because someone fingered them, someone spread lies about them.

Recently certain conspiracists 'won' in Arizona. The 2020 election fraud conspiracy was proven wrong... but they won anyways as people no longer trust elections. The perpetrators will spend no time in jail, will pay no fines, will run for election based on their perpetual lies.

In other words... democracy is being undermined as it is built on trust and inclusion. Of course, America never believed in inclusion and trust from the very beginning. The official motto, "E Pluribus Unum" (from many one), was never embraced. And there are Forces of Fear (fear the immigrant, fear men of color, fear women with education, fear people who don't look like you, pray like you, dress like you, think like you, speak your language).

Ah, Truthfulness:

In this day the mysteries of this earth are unfolded and visible before the eyes, and the pages of swiftly appearing newspapers are indeed the mirror of the world; they display the doings and actions of the different nations; they both illustrate them and cause them to be heard. Newspapers are as a mirror which is endowed with hearing, sight and speech; they are a wonderful phenomenon and a great matter. But it behoveth the writers thereof to be sanctified from the prejudice of egotism and desire and to be adorned with the ornament of equity and justice; they must inquire into matters as much as possible, in order that they may be informed of the real facts, and commit the same to writing.

— Bahá’u’lláh, Bahá’í World Faith, p. 171


So much for social media... and the non-journalistic news sources of today. *Sad*

A Montana trinket made by Sum1 Is Home!


Yesterday's entry about 30dbc: "Assessment of my role in the blog challenge.
I'm working on a list of merit badges I gave out that will be made public after the final judging.
5318

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022751-Land-of-Fiction-in-the-Cosmos-of-Eternal-Speculation