*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016844-Theres-No-Place-Like-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1016844 added September 5, 2021 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
There's No Place Like Home
September 5th Prompt: What is the best thing to come out of staying at home?
         Ah, there's always a silver lining to any situation. Staying home isn't all that bad. Sure, Covid forced us to forfeit most of our forays and our get-togethers. It curtailed our freedoms. It limited our interactions, the face-to-face of our meetings. It did not squelch our spirit, or our sense of humour.We are so much more than a virus.
         I have grown to like the grunge look, or as some would say the casual dress code. I am comfortable in my own skin and I 've never felt the need to dress to impress myself. Lately, my choice of attire does not aspire to speak to anyone. Colour matching is not a criteria. My power suit rarely features buttons, or zippers. Comfy and loose-fitting are all I need. Footwear is not a necessity, in fact I prefer barefeet.
         Eschewing form -fitting outfits has permitted me to grow unfortunately. Rediscovering the joy of cooking and baking has necessitated the need for taste-testing and sampling. I am human and cannot resist the tantalizing aromas my efforts create. My new motto is if I bake it I will not forsake it. Cookies and I have formed a bond.
         Besides satisfying my insatiable sweet tooth I've endeavoured to assuage my appetite for reading. With cinemas shuttered I amuse myself absorbing great stories. I kinda appreciate that their cost of admission is far less than the expense of theatre tickets. With the minimal effort of clutching a book and turning pages I am transported beyond the confines of my four walls.
         Of course, staying home increases my odds of remaining Covid-free and that's a compelling reason to do so. There's no place like home.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016844-Theres-No-Place-Like-Home