*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014676-July-28---29
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1014676 added July 30, 2021 at 1:21am
Restrictions: None
July 28 - 29
2 p.m. 31c with AQI of 103.

I went out with my mask. Sat with friends then went to the beer and wine store and bought groceries. Hunted down the wild lemon merengue.

And picked up butter. 99c/lb

At home ate some key lime yoghurt and remembered to put the cheap (89c/lb) chicken thighs in the fridge. And since I splurged and bought cashews I set them out of view.

Jeremiad: a long, mournful complaint or lamentation; a list of woes. "the jeremiads of puritan preachers warning of moral decay"

Three responses to my lament today... just a lament, no jeremiad.

Lost in dreams in Thailand with Chu Yi from Taiwan looking through me as if I were a ghost, as if he were Xiao Bai and me Weifeng.

29°c in a smoky haze hiding the sun. AQI = 95. It's 8:44 and dusky, dimming not yet dark.

To Annette: "No, I looked at articles in Deutsch Welle, Le Monde and Al Jezeera today; incredible news from around the world. I also peeked in at Fox but they have no news outside their conspiracy bubble. The World does not exist to Followers of the Fox.

I live in a multi-cultural multi-lingual world where many speak Arabic, some of whom I call friends. I do not condone xenophobia or islamophobia. I have cut back at spazenook because of the level of ignorance and hatred there.

I find it interesting that Bezos would try to corner the market in printing. $1 for me; $1 for you... except he will have enough to build a mansion on the Moon or Mars leaving me have enough to buy a coffee. Since I have a couple 1st Chapters to offer... tempting... but will His Highness tolerate me leaving a copy here at WDC? Who really rakes in the royalties? Who owns the copywright? Does it matter? He could crush WDC. Did you read the fine print? I started to.

Is his policy English First or English Only? Visions of China and their One China policies looms in front of me. Did you know... does anyone at WDC realize... that French, Spanish, Navajo and hundreds of other languages are native to North America? Are they now 2nd Class citizens? Amazon is worldwide and quite fluent in German (#2 market, UK 3rd).

Color me skeptical at best, because being infuriated isn't good for my heart."

To Robert: I suspect that the entire article could've been summed up in one or two sentences. "Take time to smell the roses." and "Make hay while the sun shines."

JULY 29

67 degrees at 8:52 with an AQI of 104. Do I risk it?

81 degrees and 120 AQI at 11:53. I survived my walk across the bridge. Now home for the day. Saw Angie.

Still 90 degrees but AQI down to 81.

Ate tuna sandwich. Ate cashews. Trying not to move much. Sweating.

I received a pretty painted stone *Ladybug* from Idaho... who do I know in Idaho? Sheila, Jennifer? But who... *Owl4*

4.818



© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014676-July-28---29