*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009828-May-7
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1009828 added May 7, 2021 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
May 7
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

“At last came the golden month of the wild folk-- honey-sweet May, when the birds come back, and the flowers come out, and the air is full of the sunrise scents and songs of the dawning year.” ― Samuel Scoville Jr
Use this quote to inspire your entry today.

====

Maybe, in Scoville’s story, that “golden month” of May came back for the bear family in a normal climate, but where I live, it came with a 94 degree heat. As its result, I had to go out early enough this morning for a few errands before the heat got to me. As such “the merry month of May” has turned into the “scorching grill” for those of us who live somwhere way down south.

Instead of the month of May, though, I am much more impressed by the bears and honey. Bears have many species just like us people, except I don’t think they kneel down to racism among them for they are intelligent, big, strong, and fast animals. And no wonder they like honey, the one delicious thing food item made by bees, flowers, and mother nature. Plus, among all other edibles, honey is the only one that doesn’t go bad, and thus, it doesn’t need refrigeration.

Some insist on honey’s medicinal properties. Whether they are right or not, we all appreciate this golden liquid in a cup of tea to soothe colds, sore throats, and nerves.

Now, how did I end up here from that merry month of May! Ask the bears. They are smart, and they like honey, too.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From *Heart* Lilli 🧿 ☕ "Only Love is Needed


Here is a beautiful, well-written poem of earthly love when one partner is so sweetly begging the other one to come around. The problem for me is I never liked begging, especially for love, as love is given freely but not as the result of cajoling, but I think, with poetry, anything goes. *Smile*

Then, probably for being a realist, this word love, together with the many different meanings it suggests, has me in stitches. The same for the ditty “All you need is love!”

No, you need many more things. You need: clothes, shelter, food, a commode when you need it, some money, family, friends, an occupation, a working mind, a belief system, and good will toward everyone. What is still the most surprising for me is when people mistake hormonal needs for love.

Yet, we’re all fooled by this need as we’ve been there in our younger years when we made that very mistake, and as a result, many separations and divorces keep on happening. To overcome this, a healthy love for life, for oneself, for others, for the creation and its Creator should be the answer. Many involvements we so haphazardly unite under the word “love” should then gain some serious meaning.


© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009828-May-7