*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009758-May-5
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1009758 added May 6, 2021 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
May 5
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: They say we all have a book in us. Do you agree with this statement?

---

I guess since everyone has a life, everyone can have a story to tell. How to approach it and revealing how much of one’s life could be among the challenges faced. Most of us, however, have several books in us. Except, they are hesitant to come out.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Lilli 🧿 ☕ ’s "Becoming a Writer in the Digital Age

---

I enjoyed college education greatly. And not for its parties, either. I enjoyed it for the subjects I studied. They showed me new avenues.

Yes, college education teaches some things, but not everything, and this is where the author and I part ways. Learning to write and to read is a very personal thing. That’s how we have so many ways of writing and so many different approaches to writing. The writing bit and even the choices we make in our reading is totally up to our very own and unique emotional and intellectual make-up.

I understand this piece was contributed by someone else other than Lilli 🧿 ☕ . So chances are my disagreement is with that someone else.

Granted, I have no bones to pick with the way he approaches the business view of writing; however, that has never been my problem. My problem with most writers is that they adopt the business view, way before they hone in their skills and find a personal style of writing, and this brings down the art of writing and cheapens the appreciation of readers in general.

Granted also when he says, “Nobody is waiting for you. And you will never be ready.” True. However, better to wait and get a few years of practice rather than dive head first into a muck. This is how I feel.


© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009758-May-5