*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006749-Two-Prompts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1006749 added March 20, 2021 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Two Prompts
Prompt:
Jeremiah 17:7-8
7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

This passage is similar to the one found in Psalm 1. How do they compare to each other, and what does this mean for you?

Marvelous Friend


Owl with signature*TulipO*


The prophet Jeremiah was familiar with the Psalms. Perhaps Jeremiah used the Psalm with deeper description. Or perhaps God brought the psalm into Jeremiah's mind as he contemplated God's remarkable earth?

Prompt:
Romans 4:6-8
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

What are these verses saying?

Marvelous Friend


New Testament encouragement about how God sees his people. We are told that God is the same for all eternity. The reference to David shows a time frame of belief when David lived. A trait of God is righteousness without works. This is shone in the teachings and life of Jesus.

Not by might, or by power, but by my Spirit sayeth the Lord. You succeed because of the Holy Spirit. Zechariah 4:6. The new testament pulled out the important parts of the old to bind faith and words together to show us the will of God.












apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006749-Two-Prompts