*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006413-Night-dark-Losing-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1006413 added March 15, 2021 at 2:26am
Restrictions: None
Night-dark Losing Time!
The little calendar states it's been three days but that isn't right. I suppose it's technically correct, but since I haven't gone to bed yet and it's still my Sunday night, I say it's two days since my last entry. Not that it really matters, but it's a matter of principle; especially today when they went and messed with time again.

I know, there are quite a few people who actually enjoy Daylight Savings Time. I respect your choice and if this crap is your thing, then more power to you; seriously, if you can enjoy and look forward to people messing with time, I can honestly say, I wish I was among you.

I, however, take the opposite side of the fence and say, "Bull!" Maybe, in the past, under the right circumstances, Daylight Savings Time may have served a purpose. Even so, it did not accomplish that purpose. No matter how you look at it, there is no changing time!

I state this in fact. Throughout the year, the days either get longer or shorter, and there isn't squat we can do about it. Yesterday, we had 11 hours, 47 minutes, and 26 seconds between sunrise and sunset. Today we had 11 hours, 50 minutes, and 45 seconds despite the start of Daylight Savings Time. The increase is only minutes, the same as every year and it will continue until the equinox when the days begin to grow shorter. I repeat, we did not gain an extra hour of daylight! We had three more, naturally occurring minutes of daylight only because the days are getting longer in our location on the globe.

Think about it, set the clock ahead one hour and you gain an hour? How? If that actually worked, we would constantly be setting our clocks ahead to gain more time to do the things we never have time for.

In reality, I didn't get as much done today as I should have, I ran out of time sooner. For example, even though it was only seven o'clock and I had another hour before we settled in to watch our television show together, the change made it eight o'clock so I lost that hour. In fact, I've lost an hour all day!

I actually got up earlier today, but thanks to the time change it was still an hour later. I went to bed at one-thirty, but when I got up, the time had changed so it was now an hour later and I had an hour less sleep. At seven I went out to close up the chicken, but it was now eight; she doesn't acknowledge the time change. Even now, it's my bedtime, by the display on the clock, but by my internal clock, I still have an hour left!

It will take me a week or more to adjust, but in truth, I will be off until we return to real-time. I will adjust, but it won't feel right. Why? Because last night I lost an hour and I can not gain it back until October. Maybe I'm weird, but my internal clock cannot be reset. I can adjust to different hours of wake and sleep with some time, but the internal clock continues to tick by at the same time throughout the year; I cannot alter it. I can argue this is normal, however, because animals also cannot reset their clocks. I worked in the dairy industry for a time and the cows need to be milked morning and evening at the same time, changing the clock does not increase production, it would decrease it! The same holds true for poultry and egg production.

I say, "It's time for this to end!" You may disagree, but I have known this for years and I argue, I am right in this. Don't believe me, look at the internet information, you will see the same, no argument for Daylight Savings Time but plenty against it. It's clearly shown that we gain nothing, but we lose a lot.

For those who say, "Now it's light when I get home from work." I hear you! But, it's now dark when you go to work. And, in another month, it would have been light when you get off from work anyway. If you cant handle the shorter days we have this far north, move south, but leave that damn clock alone!

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006413-Night-dark-Losing-Time