*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003532-Le-crpuscule-des-larmes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1003532 added February 3, 2021 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Le crépuscule des larmes
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus

Week 1 (Feb 1 - 7)

*HeartV* 1. What do you want to do this month? Write your goals for the month, and think about what you need to do to accomplish them.

I need to reconnect. To that end I do the Weekly Goals Challenge to force me to reconnect with myself and others. I have nothing to look forward to in February here in Montana. My heart beats elsewhere and my legs want to travel in the opposite direction.

*Heartb* 2. A day in the life... give us the low-down on how you spend a typical day.

I go from room to room to... I only have two rooms. I have to wear a mask to go out in the hallway, to go down the 42 stairs, to use the toilet. I don't always take a shower to lessen my risk. I pee in a cup and dump it in the sink and run the water... I have a very 'small' existence. I do see friends sometimes around noon and shop for groceries once a week. This has been my life for almost a year.

*Heartt* 3. What are you excited about in the coming month?

Nothing. I'm wating for Godot. Will I get a covid shot before it gets me?

*Heartg* 4. Write a list of things that make you happy.

Little things cheer me up for moments. Sunshine or snow can cheer me up. Sunshine last week. Today it snowed on my way back from the store.

*HeartO* 5. Who can you always count on for a good laugh?

I seldom laugh. I don't seek out laugher. "C'est tellement mystérieux, le pays des larmes." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

*Heartbroken* 6. What is the funniest thing you’ve heard or seen lately?

Ha. Ha.

*Heart* 7. What book(s) did you read in January? Give us a blurb on one or all.

I can't get into reading. I'm still not finished with "Autumn Letters" which I should have no problem with. I understand the place and time. I even lived in Nebraska a few years after the setting. I'm nothing like the 4 main characters but I understand Mark and Hubbard better than Hurley and Nell. It's basically a coming of age story. Autumn letters are those letters you write but never send. I have a 5,162 page journal to attest to that.

Blogging Circle of Friends   [E]
A group for WDC bloggers.
by Lyn's a Witchy Woman
Day 3000, February 3, 2021 Prompt: Valentine's Day: What kind of gift would you like a secret admirer to give you on Valentine's Day? Would you like to know who your secret admire was? Have you ever had a secret admirer?

I may never receive a call or letter from someone I love dearly; that is what I'd really love to get. Substitutes don't make up for it.

I don't like secrets because so much was hidden from me growing up. So, no, I don't want a secret admirer and it would only hurt me deeply. I may very well have had secret admirers in the past that gave up and kept their secret. A couple weren't secret and we sorted it out when I said no.

For
 
Space Blog  [ASR]
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
by Sharmelle's Expressions


"Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor

Mini-critique: I'm not convinced the 3 line stanza works. Imho, it would be better with all line breaks taken out, all capitalization removed, attention to rhythm and flow, and natural line breaks put back in to make a very nice free form poem. Also the one 'is' and many of the 'the's can be eliminated (maybe 'stalk BY day/night'?). One of the 'moves on' needs to go, imo. It hasn't been edited since posted in 2017. I needs a second glance as it's only a 3.9 'as is' and it promises more.

Prompt: Write about twilight.

Le crépuscule des larmes. L'heure du lâcher prise. La tenue. C'est comme ça avec moi. Bonjour tristesse... tous les matins du monde.


I have always loved spring and autumn. My hour is the moment when the sunset fades and twilight gathers. I am not the child of the dawn, the happy playful sprite of winter or summer. I'm a ghost that prefers shadows that know my name and never mock me.

Watched these being made by a ghost so I googled and now need to make 99.


3.661

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003532-Le-crpuscule-des-larmes