*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000145-13-desember
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1000145 added December 13, 2020 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
13 desember
For "Space Blog

"A Wolf's Sonnet to the Rabbit"   [E] by T. Merle

Mini-review: I'm not convinced that the format works. It does flow but all line-breaks could be rethought imho. For some reason the questions disturb; it asks me to agree that wolves are predators and therefore cruel or bad and that the rabbit is somehow innocent. That may work for others but it doesn't for me. On the other hand, vivid concrete images work better. There is good tension in "she only freezes pulse quickening the wolfs pawsteps rumbling in her ears his nose quivering." I like it but it's uneven and the 'aggressive' approach puts me off. I'm not sure how to rate it. Maybe a 3.9. It has potential.

Prompt: The signal asked if the wolf ever considered the rabbit and if the rabbit ever prayed for the wolf. Write about a rabbit and a wolf.

I do not look at predator and prey in quite the same way. I'm sure most of us would prefer to not be eaten but we die regardless. And unless we are reduced to ashes or pickled the worms will finish us off. Life has a cycle and death is part of it. We divide nature into a dichotomy of good and bad and I truly don't think that black/white reasoning is helpful.

Would someone please read this? It was overlooked and never read.

 
STATIC
Z is for Zoom (363 words)  (18+)
Flash fiction: rope lamp beads. A famous detective is determined to finish the alphabet.
#2239594 by Kåre Enga in Montana


3.394

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000145-13-desember