*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/827384-Out-with-a-Bang-Strange-and-Insane
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #827384
Odd World, Odd People.
Flustering in his doubt, he walks down the path to his demise.
Eye contact the one fatal flaw of his being, the observer;
He sees inside their soul, and thus avoids it at all costs, but no today.

“David! you forgot you back-pack” Surly, hollers and catch’s up to him.
“Oh, thanks, umm, thanks.” David says and looks down afraid, or just shy.
“David, my face is up here . . . stop looking at my shoes.”
“Thank you Surely, I got to go now.”
“Where are you going?” she smiles.
“To my demise.”
“Excuse me?”
“To my demise, want to come?”

Surly looks at him and smiles. She calls his bluff and excludes David’s awkwardness; he was always looking down, kicking his feet, scratching his head, and murmuring his words through his hands. But Surly the witty always liked mysterious people, and had no problem approaching David.
“Sure, why not.” Surly smiles.
“So, where is your demise?”
“Glade you asked, he are headed to the only, the only! mysterious forest!” David gathers himself, and shows his humorous side; there are a lot of sides to David, that’s what makes him so mysterious.

“Okay. . .” Surly replies, with a hint of laughter.

At times even David can be witty, funny, shy, mean, rude, careless, and wise, and at the same time those emotions of his made him an odd ball or one after another he would be funny than just plain rude or shy. An odd fellow David was. Too mysterious to be someone’s best friend, and than again, not really a loner.

Surly handed David his green back-pack, her glossy and curious lips calm David but later made him nervous. David’s green eye’s, glanced over Surly's pretty pink dress, curly brown hair, and his glance was reflected by her geeky thick black glasses. David’s dark clothes are what he feels. And ever changing mood.

“Well, are you sure you want to come to the forest?”
“Yes, totally sure, I’m Surly sure.”
“Okay, dokay.” David says and laughs.

The sun is falling. Slowly they make way to the forest where, David goes and spends his time reading books, and visiting nature.
Slowly they progressed; making way past the last houses, up and under the obstacles, and through the swivel swirls of trails. Slowly they became comfortable with each other, and felt as if they had known each other for many years.

Though the mind of David was to some extent predictable you get the feeling that you just may never know. Surely Surly was a loner? In David’s judging eyes he saw no motive for Surly as to why she was following him. It was odd and soon David became uncomfortable when at last he had confronted her.
“Why are you following me any ways??”
“Don’t be silly you asked me to come.”
“Yes, well, you see I'm . . . well a loner. I usually am alone . . . because that’s what loners do . . .”
“Ok . . ., so you want me to leave?”
“No, I don’t mean to be mean or anything, but just why all of a sudden.”
Surly looked at David dazed and confused, it was odd the way David all of a sudden turned on her, question her motives, questioned and questioned.
“Hello! - David - I just handed you your back-pack and asked you a couple of questions than somehow we ended up here, in this good-for-nothing-dirt-trail.”
“I know. . . I am sorry Surly” David says solemnly.
“I am not to lie, I cannot lie, why did you bring my back-pack to me?” and he started to cry.
“What are you talking about? A couple of minutes ago you were fine when I was talking to you. And now, your just plain weird no-wonder why you don’t have any friends. Even though I feel sorry for you right now, you’re just a faker, asshole! a fucked up person!!” said Surly furiously pointing her finger in David’s teary face. And walked away.

Surely turned her back from David and David stood there, like a rejected immigrant. After walking about thirty steps away from David, she turned to call him an asshole, just one more time to make herself feel better. And when she turned to look at David, he was in her face. And she screamed. He took off his back-pack and gave it to her and said to give it to his mom something to remember him by. And Surly bared it but with disgust, and started walking again. David stopped and looked at her walk off in the distance. And counted down “Five, four, three, two, one!!” he pushed the remote button that he pulled from his pocket. “Boom!!!” He screamed along with the explosion that came from his back-pack.
“Stupid bitch, I was going to save the bomb for the school, but you had to bring it and well, I had to improvise.” David remarks to himself, and smirks evil.

“Now to my path of demise.”

David continued to walk down the dirt trail. And at last he came upon his destination. “Surely Surly thought I was lying, you can never be to sure of people now-a-days, well I did as I was told, destroy one who has ignorance, so here I am and here I come. ”

David leaped from a cliff and unto the rocky shore to his demise.
© Copyright 2004 Gravitybytes (2sloow2know at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/827384-Out-with-a-Bang-Strange-and-Insane