*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329431-Going-Shopping
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2329431
Entry for the "13" writing activity
Zane and Kane were overwhelmed by the last-minute crowd at the pop-up Halloween store. In the past few years all the local party shops had closed due to the wretched economy. So if you wanted certain creepy items it just left the once-a-year party shops that showed up seasonally.
Zane, especially, didn't like crowds. He was more introverted and he only dealt with people when absolutely necessary. But their boss wanted them to make a candy run and pick up a few spooky odds and ends that he needed for his annual Halloween party.
They noticed some people in the store were wearing costumes or dressed in ghoulish clothing, probably on their way to festivities or picking up things for their own celebrations.
So Zane and Kane didn't feel strange that they were also in costume, in fact it was perfect as they were rather odd-looking dudes and sometimes drew stares, especially since they were twins.
Kane didn't mind the crowds as much but even he was getting a little frustrated. as it was difficult to find exactly what they needed, though he did love the pricey automated displays and creepy music.
They spent several minutes browsing and came up with some of the items on the list. They checked out and decided to try some stores on the way back for the rest of the stuff.
The passed a convenience store and a Supercheap mart on the way back.
They got candy and a few other party items at both places.
Hoping their boss would like what they had picked out, they went to show him what they bought.
Zagon, their boss, picked through the merchandise they purchased.
"It's good I can get you guys to do this," he said.
"There's no way I can pass myself off as wearing a costume, it looks too real."
And it was real, as Zagon was a genuine demon, with red fur, bright yellow eyes and was about 8 feet tall with huge claws on his hands and hooves for feet.
"Besides I would hate going in those stores because they seem so cheesy," he added.
"And where's the Snickers?"
Exasperated, goblins Zane and Kane pulled off their ghost costumes and Zane said, "So how come Halloween is such a big yawner? I mean, do the demons just hate how commercial it's become?”
And with that Kane shrugged and they helped Zagon prepare for the party.
© Copyright 2024 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329431-Going-Shopping