*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329234-The-Killagrew-Hotel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Activity · #2329234
Amy Goodwin is a guide on the Haunted Walk. 300 words
The Killagrew Hotel


“Welcome everyone to the Haunted Walk. I am your guide, Amy Goodwin. Just follow me for a ghostly good time!” said the guide dressed in a period costume.

“This is so much fun!”

“I’m petrified already!”

“How far do we have to walk anyway?”

Amy smiled secretly at the variety of comments and mild complaints.

“This is our first stop, folks. The Killagrew is the first and oldest hotel in this town. I just have one question before we enter here:“

“Have you ever seen a ghost?”

There were several gasps, but the crowd was eager. She led the group through the door like a shepherd leading his flock.

The people were absorbed in her stories of the previous inhabitants of the hotel and hung on to her every word. Finally, they were finished as they reached the attic. Everyone milled around in the small space.

“This is where are tour ends. Please retrace your steps to the main floor. As to the question I asked everyone at the beginning, the answer is yes, you have!”

The people watched as she stopped at the window and stared out of it. In an instant, they watched her throw herself screaming from the open window. For a brief second, they froze in surprise. Then there was a stampede downward to the first floor. Amy watched smiling from behind the open main door.

“Ah me! Another tour ends on a high note,” she told herself. She wafted back up to the attic until she was due to host the next tour. Being the tour guide of the Killagrew sure made her afterlife bearable!

“Too bad they only did the tours the week of Halloween,” she thought regretfully. But there were always the odd visitors she could scare at other times.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329234-The-Killagrew-Hotel