*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329014-Sleep-Walker
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #2329014
Sleep walking is fascinating, the things people do whilst sleepwalking is interesting.


Sleepwalker


The simple hum of the birds that awake my sleeping eyes, lost in thought like most mornings.

I awake to the sounds of the birds, the long overgrown grass that brush against the inside of my toes, only then did i realise that it happened again, i fell asleep under the stars, and awoke under the blazing sun.

"Earth to Jude" mother shouts, unaware of where i am, not in bed but rather lay on the warm blanket of earth beneath.

The air that encompasses me, the smell of the pancakes, the grumble in my stomach. Each movement as painful as the last, but eventually i rose. Standing on both feet i take the slow strides towards the house, the open door that released me from the security of my home, the door that brought that iconic smell of mothers freshly cooked pancakes to my very senses. It's just another day for me, it's just another day where i awake outside, where i succumb to my inner most desires of being one with nature, giving in to the sleepwalker within.


© Copyright 2024 JSeanAuthor (jseanauthor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329014-Sleep-Walker