*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328857-AI-Goes-Amok
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Technology · #2328857
Carlton tries out his new A.I. program with astonishing results. 300 words
AI Goes Amok


Carlton Blipster was excited. He was about to embark on a whole new world of computer scientific experimentation.

“At last, I get to see what I can actually use A.I. for in my work here,” he said as he sat down at his computer.

Using the program that had just been installed, he made a hibiscus flower on his screen, embellishing it elaborately and making it every color of the rainbow. Finally, he was satisfied and sent it to print.

“What’s going on, the flower is growing out of the top of my monitor. It’s beautiful, but I don’t need a plant in my monitor,” he muttered.

Then it hit him, he’d failed to remove the 3D printer that was attached to the computer.

“Wow, it’s amazing! I’m sure there would be a lucrative market for this!”

But his joy subsided. He was a cog of the Institute, so everything he came up with was their property.

Glumly, he doodled absently drawing an old-fashioned radio on his screen.

A sudden burst of static made him jump. There on his printer table was a working replica of a vacuum tube style antique. He looked for a plug, but didn’t find one.

Suddenly the static became words!

“Marconi has sent the first telegraph message across the sea from Newfoundland!” an excitable announcer began.

“History is being made all over again!” Carlton enthused. Quickly, he turned the knob to shut it off and hid it.

“The Institute can have the flower, but that radio is mine!”

He quickly fell to scheming about how he could smuggle the prototype to his own computer at home.

“So Blipster, have you tried out that new program? What do you think?”

Pasting a smile on his face, Carlton turned around to answer his boss.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328857-AI-Goes-Amok