*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328781-Caleb-goes-to-game-night
by Curtis
Rated: E · Draft · Friendship · #2328781
Caleb goes to a group event which introduces a large number of characters
Friday night finally arrived, and Caleb is in his best going out clothes, wrinkled gray chinos, a reproduction black Gun's n Roses t-shirt, and a blue sport coat. Tonight is game night at his best friends Tom and Michelle's house, a monthly gathering that is part social, part competitive and all laughter.

Arriving fashionably late, Caleb has to park 6 houses away on the street because the crowd is big for tonight's game. The laughter becomes audible as Caleb gets to the driveway. It is a lively crowd tonight and Caleb is ready for some fun.

The evening is full of anticipation and Caleb is not disappointed as he steps inside, the stars have aligned, and everyone has made it to tonight's event. On the couch are Billy, Payton, Joy, and Sam. Friends reaching all the way back to high school marching band. They all stayed close to home all these years, but rarely do they all see each other anymore. Talking in the hallway are Grace, David and Marie from the local friends of the library group. Caleb makes a b-line straight into the kitchen to drop off the cheap beer he has brought in order to offset the snooty craft beer he knows is a regular part of these evenings. Surrounding the kitchen island are Anna, Becky, Tom, Paul, Allen, Mia, and Jason. As usual with this group of friends from the neighborhood Paul is holding court and has everyone laughing adding in hand motions to emphasize some joke.

Caleb finds a place in the fridge for his Coors Banquet Beer and takes in the scene and friends he is surrounded by. A feeling of contentment and joy rises up knowing that all these people here represent some of the most meaningful and important moments and places in his own life.
© Copyright 2024 Curtis (carpedium80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328781-Caleb-goes-to-game-night