*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328437-Mixed-Emotions--Part-Two
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2328437
A continuation ...
Waiting is hell,the minutes turn into hours,and hours ,they seem like an eternity. I did all I could do,bodily anyway.I continued ,through the following day,much like the previous one before it. "Relax,I tell myself.You did all you could,now. Hit the "pause button"..Stop!,eat...Stop...
,etc. I looked at my computer screen,blankly,took a ragged breath,and reminded myself to keep going. One breath succeeding the next,my mental checklist,getting wearier by the moment. Finally,the day eased into night,and it was then I realized that this was the "home stretch".
The hurricane ,newscasters said would be gone by morning. Until then,I waited and prayed,slept,checked my phone for updates,all waiting for my sedative to kick in.

Morning came easily enough,my predictable pattern enfolding.Brew coffee,feed and play with Max,my cat..our morning greeting more of a comfort than he is aware of... Soon afterward,my phone buzzed like crazy!! The previous evening's events thrust to the forefront of my mind again. As I read the texts on my phone,"I am okay!"...I was like,"Yes!!!!" Followed by an internal "Thank you ,Lord!!"

© Copyright 2024 theOCCowgirl (terrelynw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328437-Mixed-Emotions--Part-Two