*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328334-Anticipation
Rated: E · Monologue · Philosophy · #2328334
A facet of our emotional response to all kinds of things..
When we anticipate something,no matter what it is ,our being responds in multiple ways..In anticipation of a "raise",an employee might put in extra work,hoping to curry their boss' favor. Maybe,in anticipation of a reunion,a person might get a make-over or newer clothes..or maybe ,just maybe the situation is not as pleasant or mundane. It may be the storm forecast to make landfall,and in anticipation of that,a person would : Watch weather alerts,check in with friends,family,and relatives.They may make checklists,then gather all items on the list..

All the while,in the back of their mind,they'd much rather the storm be gone...(Poof!!) Until it does,they must wait..in anticipation,for relief!

People anticipate the birth of children ,we anticipate the outcomes of medical tests,you name it..
We get jittery,anxious,or we pace the floor..we look out windows,and we sometimes pray...maybe until the event arises,we self-soothe,by whatever means we have at the time . After all ,we ask for is peace.

OCC
© Copyright 2024 theOCCowgirl (terrelynw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328334-Anticipation