*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327817-Oct-1-Plot-What-If-2024-Prep
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rojodi
Rated: E · Other · Paranormal · #2327817
My plot what if for the 2024 NaNoWriMo challenge
October 1, 2024, Plot What If?

Longfellow Darke was not named after the essayist and poet. No, he was named for his father’s two favorite uncles, Henry and Wadsworth, who were, indeed, named for the aforementioned writer. Though in his subconscious he always felt destined to be an author himself, the young man nicknamed Shay lived his life as best as he could: enjoying sports, trying not to be embarrassed much by his sisters, and be a good family member. On his 16th birthday, however, things changed.

On his 16th birthday, with his girlfriend Valerie Timmons present, he received a large gift, an inheritance really. Four large steamer trunks full of books, magazines, and journals, the entire collection from his grandfather Aleksander “Grandpa Al” Darke. And within the volumes of written words, he found two deep secrets: The Darke family were keeps of religious items, and the family had magic in their blood.
© Copyright 2024 Rojodi (rojodi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327817-Oct-1-Plot-What-If-2024-Prep