*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327381-The-Prom-Marriage
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2327381
Flash Fiction
The Prom Marriage

“I’m going to regret this…” Frank said.

Ted shot back. “This will be a highlight of your life! You’ll look back on it, and be amazed.

“I find that hard to believe… how did I let you talk me into this?”

“Deep down inside, you’re giddy with excitement.”

“Very deep… so, what do I do?”

“You go up to the door and ring the doorbell.”

“And then?”

“She comes to the door… and you ask her to go to the prom… it’s pretty simple…”

“What if she says no?”

“Then you cry, or yell… I don’t know and I don’t need to know because she’s going to say yes.”

“Why are you so confident?”

“Because she begged me to get you’re sorry *ss over here, and have you ask her, before any more of her girlfriends makes fun of her because she doesn’t have a date to the prom yet!”

“And why, again, didn’t she just ask me herself?”

“Because she can’t lie her way out of a paper bag. So, if she asked you and then someone asked her about it, she’d probably tell the truth and be the laughing stock of the year.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot that part. I wasn’t going to the prom you know. I had game plans for the weekend.”

“I know, that’s why I asked you. Karen just needs a date and it can’t be her brother…”

“OK, here I go."

Six years later Karen and Frank got married. They told everyone it was all because of Ted. Ted just smiled. He had actually married Frank’s baby sister; someone he wouldn’t even have met if not for that day.

On the other hand, Frank actually did look back and was amazed… Every day of his miserable married life for fifty-two years…
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327381-The-Prom-Marriage