*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301009-true-creativity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Lyrics · Arts · #2301009
work for free while we take your ideas and most of your royalties
So, I initially starting composing this as a message to someone I follow online who I think is insanely talented and I have great respect and admiration for, but then I decided it was all stupid—like the rest of what I write—and if I sent it then everyone would just think I was making some play to get something or being an attention whore. IDK, it's a bit easier to send a message when you know it's likely to get lost in the fray or buried under an avalanche of comments from so many other people because the person has millions of followers so no one is likely to see or notice.
Sometimes, I just say fuck it and hit send anyways, but I guess I often hear that line echo in my head a lot about how I'm an "attention whore" and I'm only writing/saying/doing things for "attention", like I'm supposed to be silent and never express what I think or feel, and I am never supposed to let anyone know I appreciate what they do or that I think what they do is amazing. I often hear that "voice" in my head tell me that I am just looking for attention when I say I appreciate someone or something, or I write about it, like what I think or have to say or write is not genuine, it's just for "attention".

Anyhow, here's what I was going to send, but never did because I didn't want my words and actions to be misunderstood or misinterpreted as just looking for "attention". That is never my intention when I write or speak. I write and speak from my heart and what I say/write to others is genuine and authentically me. Sometimes I am sarcastic with my words, but it's usually pretty damn obvious. And even then, it's typically genuine, heartful, and meaningful to the subject matter and not just some random bullshit.

July 30, 2023

I wish we could support more artists and creators directly instead of big companies who pocket most of your royalties, charge you big fees while they help you realize your artistic dreams… so just drop that next release and let it play on our stream! We’ll pay you pennies while we keep the big fees… don’t you see? We’ve created this fabulous new scheme: it’s like a corporate communist dream fucking team!

And just like before, they rotten to the core, shuffle the cabinet, play an old chord, shuffle the cards, make up new words, rebrand tha’ blue bird, fuck their metaverse, I got some new words to rehearse

While they continue to capitalize, stealing stories and words from other peoples lives, they hollows, just like the creatures from Bleach, don't got no real guts to pull from and teach, just wanna hear the same fuckin' beat, autotune on repeat, too stupid to craft up a rhyme of their own on their phone, even if someone give them a hook and a line, they got no fucking clue how to craft a damn rhyme, and they don't give a dime about anyones lives, just wanna see it all turn to quarters and pounds, keep it safe in the bank vault, they give you an allowance now these fuckers gotta figure out how they gonna defeat me / but they got no real creativity inside them genes, now their DNA is unwinding, ionic & covalent bonds, we break free

Now I guess a lot of people out there want everything for free, but not me.
I like to support insanely talented and creative human beings
I still buy cds so I can show my appreciation in a monetary sense… ‘cept my money is plastic, ain’t got no heads of dead presidents
© Copyright 2023 Crystal Dragon (chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301009-true-creativity