*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196015-Tied-Down
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #2196015
Can a measly old contract make a bug change on someone's life? No, you might say. Wrong!
What is my life?

One hell of a ride. Having my parents getting me into an arranged marriage, is bad alright. But me, marry him, no way in hell. My life took one big loop when a contract from long ago came forward. From what my mother told me, it seems I have to marry him. Her story doesn't seem real, but what proof do I have against a piece of paper that was made almost a million years ago?

"I was cleaning the attic," my mother told me. "And I found this." She pushed an old wrinkled paper to both of us. We both read over it.

D'claire shall marry the next heir to the Dallas heritage. If the child shall be born girl and girl or boy and boy. Thy shall wait until the next generation. Once married they are to bring an heir into the world in four to six years in time. If any luck sooner. Though this contract will not be forgotten nor lost. If disobeyed the curse of ancient time shall come upon both families. Disease will spread through each generation killing the person.

I, Mikhail Dallas, promise and swear to not break nor stop this agreement. This contract is the reason our company, Dallas Inc. shall keep going. My child will wait for the next girl in our awaiting future generation. And then thou shall marry the son of Henry D'clare and his generation beyond.


"So your telling me my great-great-great-great-great grandpa signed me off to save the company?" I asked disgusted and confused. My parents, who at the time we're sitting in front of the table, sadly nodded.

I couldn’t believe them, I couldn't believe he had the nerve of doing this to me. Why would my grandpa practically sell me?

"To save the family company, dumbass," my conscience said to me.

I was filled with rage, I got up instantly. Knocking the chair over, I ignored the stares I was getting from everyone.
"I can't believe it," I mumbled. "Well, it will sink in sooner or later," said my conscience.
© Copyright 2019 Nicole G. whittier (nikloai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196015-Tied-Down