*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148783-The-Creature
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Dark · #2148783
Jack struggles to tell his friend about a creature he found in his school after hours.
A loud bang echoed through the small hallway. The large mangled creature twisted and contorted closer to the small girl. She held her small, fragile hands in-front of her small face... The sickly sweet scent of the creature burnt her nostrils. The creature finally reaches the small girl and bites into her body with a deep, wet, crunch.

(Two days earlier)
Jack walked through the halls of his school, books clutched to his chest. He didn't want to be here, he wanted to get out. He eagerly walked through the lockers and headed to the front door. He just wanted to get out. After what he had seen last week he didn't want to come back, either. He just wanted to go home and watch TV with his little sister, Abigail. He walked out of the door and sighed. He was finally out of that, that, place... He ran to his school bus and got on the seat next to his best friend, Mark. "You look like crap, Man, you okay?" asked Mark. "Uh, yeah man, I'm fine... Just got a bunch of crap on my mind, you know?" replied Jack. "Ya know, man, your only on my bus because your coming to my house. You finally gonna tell me what you saw last week?" Mark's question sent a web of anxiety shooting up Jack's chest. He wanted to tell his friend, he really did. It's just, he didn't know if he could talk about it. It was the most terrifying thing he had ever seen, experienced, even. Maybe even worse than his own fathers death, and that was terribly traumatic. The blood... Oh, the blood! But, his traumatic memories were interrupted when Mark tugged on his arm and said, "Come on, Jack! It's our stop!" Jack had forgotten all day that he was to go home with Mark. And, unlike usual, he dreaded going inside. He took him to the front steps and unlocked the door. Mark took Jack inside and pulled him up to his room and sat on him down on the bed. He then looked at Jack and said, "Now tell me. What did you see?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



TO BE CONTINUED
© Copyright 2018 Jessica Roe (tmntgirl33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148783-The-Creature