*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144815-Stellar-CH-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2144815
The start of a journey through the stars. What will our incompatible companions run into?
         Bright light invaded a young man's face. Seems it was finally time to wake.

         "Good morning Captain." Said a cheerful and artificial female voice. "Welcome to the CA Ogygia. I am Calypso. How do you feel, Mister Brian Romeijn?"

         "Huh? What?" The man named Brian rubbed his forehead a bit as he stepped out of the cryogenic chamber.

         "It seems you have temporary amnesia. You have been sleeping for 218 years, Brian, however, you weren't supposed to wake for another 1,782 years."

         "Yeah, yeah, I get it." He shook his head. "So I just gotta get back in, right?" He was too tired to question the situation.

         "Unfortunately, your cryogenic chamber seems to have malfunctioned." There was a quiet alarm beeping on the other side of the room. "Another cryogenic chamber has malfunctioned. Just a moment Brian." Calypso opened another one of the chambers with a loud hissing noise. "Good morning, Captain." She started the same robotic greeting to the freshly awoken person. "Welcome to the CA Ogygia. I am Calypso. How do you feel, Mister Ivan Sokolov?"

         "The hell?" The other man mumbled as he woke up about as sleepily as Brian had.

         "You have been sleeping for 218 years, Ivan, however, you weren't supposed to wake for another 1,782 years."

         "Oh goodie, I'm an old fart now." The man climbed out. He glared at Brian with icy blue eyes, and his blonde hair was a mess. "The hell you starin' at ginger?"

         "Brian Romeijn, veteran of the Marine Corps-"

         "Ooooh, so scary!" Ivan decided to interrupt the veteran's claim to fame. "Save it, grandpa."

         "You insolent little! I ought to smack some sense into you!"

         "Clearly they didn't think about our personalities when they stuck us on this Ogigi whatever." Ivan seemed to have a permanent mischevious grin on his face. Like a Cheshire cat.

         "CA Ogygia. It'd do you some good to pay attention from time to time." On the opposite side of the spectrum, Brian seemed to always be straight-faced and stern.

         "Don't care enough to pay attention. Besides, there's nothing to really pay attention to. They told us everything we need to know."

         "What do you mean?"

         "Hold on, don't tell me... You woke up with amnesia!" A smug smile appeared.

         "How did you-"

         "I didn't, but now I do. So basically we're a part of this deep space mission. Like Calypso said, we were supposed to be asleep for another 1,700 some years, but the pods malfunctioned and we had to come out. So, might as well make yourself comfortable while this babe takes care of it."

         "Babe?"

         "Yeah. Calypso has a real body, y'know. She's an android. Looks just like the real thing. She's a real babe. Just wait till you see her." Ivan grinned his little grin, put his arms behind his head and wandered off into the ship. Brian was left with no choice but to follow him.

-

         "So? What do you think?" Ivan proudly presented Calypso's real body to his companion. The artificial intelligence paced around the room. She was a beautiful girl with long blonde hair that came down to below her hips. It was perfectly styled. She messed with several different pieces of equipment as she wandered around, swinging her hips as she went.

         "She's an android, so of course she would look beautiful." Brian shot the blonde man a confused look.

         "God, you're annoying." Ivan just rolled his eyes.

         "Excuse me, Captains, but you cannot be in here. Please entertain yourselves in the common room, or the gym. Refer to a map if you are lost. My programming must currently be dedicated to repairing the cryogenic chambers." Calypso's voice was sweet but cordial.

         "Sure thing, sweetcheeks." He gave her a salute for some reason and she returned to her work, and Ivan dragged Brian along with him. "Hey, I'm going to the gym. So kindly piss off." He patted the guy's shoulder, then wandered off.

         Brian could only sigh. It would probably be best for him to try to find something to jog his memories. Maybe a trunk of his stuff was somewhere up here? He wandered around the space station, looking for a map.
© Copyright 2018 MMMobear (mmobear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144815-Stellar-CH-1