*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127531-The-Virtue-of-Patience
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #2127531
A fantasy sample for use in my freelancing. This is sample 1 out of 7.
         GrandScribe                    2016-2017          Fantasy          Sample 1


The Virtue of Patience

The orc is unrelenting in his attacks against the great hero. One blow after the next, the young man barely manages to evade the orc's blood rusted war axe. The powerful beast begins to become enraged at his failed efforts to score a decisive strike on his human adversary and makes a rash decision.

The orc attempts a wide swing against the hero, but his adversary has been waiting for this very opportunity. The hero dashes forth to meet the blow and finally manages to draw his blade. Using his inherent mobility from the miniscule weight of the short sword, he plunges the blade into the orc's stomach.

The orc's telegraphed swing cleaves nothing, but the air causing a massive breeze. The young man then twists the imbedded blade and a scarlet spray coats the formerly green grass red. The defeated foe falls to his knees and drops his axe, not saddened by his failure, but dies knowing that he gave it his all.



         

© Copyright 2017 grandscribe (grandscribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127531-The-Virtue-of-Patience