*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2086725-Finally-Free
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2086725
She was free, finally free from the horrible experiments.
Blood, it covered the walls, the floor, the bodies, and the only living thing in the room. The only living thing in the room was a girl, barely human anymore. The bodies on the ground, they were scientists. It was because of them that she wasn't human anymore. They took her and preformed experiments on her. She remembered them all, the pain that each experiment brought.

Her left arm was gone, ripped off by them. Her mouth hangs open, unhinged and the skin around it ripped and torn, her teeth now sharp and jagged. Scars littered her body. Over her heart were mechanical parts, her original one ripped out long ago by them. Her spine was replaced with one made of metal as well as her right eye. Her left leg wasn't even her own, they took it from some other poor soul and sewed it onto her. She looked at the broken glass, bodies, and blood on the ground. She finally managed to break free from their restraints.

They tried to stop her, but she wouldn't have it. One of them tried to drug her so they could get her back in the restraints, but she ripped his throat out before they could inject her with it. After that, the rest went by in a blur of red. When she came to, they were all dead, the place trashed. She looked down at her bloodied hands and laughed, insanity finally consuming her. She was free, finally free from the horrible experiments. And with one final breath, she died, a smile on her face. She was free.
© Copyright 2016 ThievingRage (ragethief007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2086725-Finally-Free