*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2082195-COMING-SOON
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2082195
Brynn has a roommate/friend named Jason. Normally, he is happy. Now he's not so happy.
Nothing like a demon in the morning
I sighed, as Jason paced in front of me. “What’s wrong?”, I asked. “Someone’s been on my mind. It’s driving me nuts!”, he said, getting closer. “Let it..”, I said, but he shushed me quietly. “You know, your eyes are beautiful, Brynn. They’re so blue. Blue as the sky.”, he said softly. I felt my face burn. “S-stop!”, I said to him. “I’ve been waiting for this moment, Brynn. Don’t spoil it for me.”, he whispered. “Sp-spoil it?”, I said quietly. My heart pounded in my ribcage. He leaned down, and his presence calmed me. I forgot about everything. My arms went limp, then I lost feeling in them. A claw ripped at my ribcage. Wait. Hold up. A claw? I looked down to see a massive claw in my ribcage. In my shaky vision, I saw Jason. Well, the demon-creature that he had become. “Ummmm….”, I said. I glanced at its-his eyes. They were filled with sadness. So wistful- so regretting. “A-aughh-mrraughh”, came a weird growl from demon-Jason. My heart stopped. Was this the demons before snack growl? I struggled to not pass out. I tried to remember my mythology. Oh wait, I thought, I’m about to be eaten by a demon.

With a flash, lightning lit the room with dull light. Suddenly, I noticed a shadow in the corner. In the figure’s hand was a gun. Another lightning blast lit the room. The shadow was illuminated once more. I noticed that the gun was pointed at me.
The weird, grimy guy with a gun
His face was shadowed, even in the intense light of the lightning. I saw he wore a business suit/ tuxedo. He had brown hair that was messy and knotted. “W-what do y-you want?”, I shakily managed to ask. I heard the gun cock. “I said, what do you want?”, I said a little bit bolder, gaining a little confidence from the room’s silence. I heard him start to pull the trigger. Click! It was as if the gun was protesting. He hit the gun, and it filled the room with a rather wood-like clink. I heard the guy once more pulling the trigger. No biggie! I’m about to die to a demon and a wierdo! This is just great, I thought. I felt myself get weaker. I heard the glass break. Then, I blacked out.
My knight in garbage armor
When I woke up, I saw it was a beautiful day. It looked like spring had sprung! And, oh yeah, there were two random guys fighting in my front yard. I recognized the one with the orange beard to be the shadow guy that was behind Jason. He had a big, black cape with stars on it. Under it, he wore leather robes and baggy brown pants. Bang! The gun exploded into a fiery mess.
© Copyright 2016 Izabylle Brooke (brookey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2082195-COMING-SOON