*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073073-Free-Day
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2073073
Write a story that includes the words: moon, book, trouble
"Sherry, get up. Are you going to moon the day away?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I don't want to get up. I just want to sit on the couch and read my book all day. Is there something wrong with that?"

"No, I guess not, if that's what you want to do. Is this for any particular reason?"

Mom didn't know what happened last night when she went out with her friends. A girl at the club decided to start some trouble with one of her friends, Cathy, who was pining for the same guy. She met Sherry and Cathy as they were coming from the bathroom and threatened to beat her up if she didn't leave Mike alone.

Now Cathy is not one to back down when she feels threatened and got right up in the girl's face and told her that she'd talk to whoever she wanted to and there wasn't anything she could do to stop her. Thank goodness the other girl backed off and didn't mess with us for the rest of the night. But the whole situation created a lot of anxiety for Sherry who was ready to leave after the altercation.

Cathy made her stay for a couple more dances hoping to help her relax before they left. Neither of the girls spoke to Mike for the rest of the night.

"I just want a quiet day today."

"Okay. Would you like some tea or hot chocolate to go along with the book?"

"Yes. Hot chocolate would be great. Thanks, Mom."
© Copyright 2016 Cackling QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073073-Free-Day