*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063204-Flash-Entry-1025
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063204
A boy wishes he could have a normal Halloween.
All Jonathan wanted to do was put on his costume, go trick-or-treating and get some candy but it looked like he wasn't going to get the chance. Another potentiality had appeared and now he had greater things to attend to.

"How fitting for this to happen on Halloween.", he thought to himself.

Sometimes he wished he could be a normal 12 year-old boy. But deep inside he knew his abilities were a gift and would never trade them for the world. They had even saved his own life a few times.

He checked his wristwatch. It was 7:00 P.M. He knew the potentiality wouldn’t occur until 7:30 but he better get moving.

“I’m going out mom!”, he hollered up the stairs. Rushing out the front door he hopped on his bike and pedaled down the street. As usual he didn’t know exactly where he was going. He wasn’t worried though. He always found the right way to go.

As he rode along he passed other children in their Halloween disguises rushing from house to house and filling their treat bags one sweet, delicious morsel at a time.

After going quite some distance he finally came to a deserted street except for an 8 year-old boy walking down the road. This was the boy from his vision.

“Hey kid come here real quick”, Jonathan called to him. The boy walked over and joined him on the sidewalk.

Suddenly a speeding car came careening around the blind curve in the road. Both boys flinched as the car flew past them. Jonathan breathed a sigh of relief.

The boy was a little shaken. “If you hadn’t called me over I could’ve gotten killed.”, he said breathlessly.

Jonathan just smiled. He had done what he had come to do.
© Copyright 2015 Hugh M. Bean (bmcginnis007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063204-Flash-Entry-1025