*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023530-Petit-Brotherhood-Chapter-1-Vol-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Helix
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2023530
A story that follows a few characters in a fantasy setting who work in a mercenery company
In a dark valley were storm clouds hung over,
Thunder struck down, echoing in the night
with rain striking down as metal and steel clashed,
Screams rung down through,
The waters Turning crimson
as limbs and heads did fly
Accompanied by the shrieks of ghostly cries.
''HOLD THE LINE! PUSH THEM BACK!
A towering figure bellowed as pointed his partly severed
arm towards the multi-limbed monsters.
Raising his mighty sword high to bring down on unblinking eyes,
only to have it shatter in bits that spread like dust to the wind
and a particularly vengeful piece flew back into his face.

It's shining brilliance clouded him for a moment.
Then reopened to a lighter tone. soft cloth fabric, a gentle light through the window, smell of bacon do-
Raising from his deathly state, he slipped out of bed onto the stone floor. Time to get up. First the mirror. What does it have to say... Head Check. Arms Check. Dashing good looks? No eyes, No hair, No skin. What lady could resist this? Done and done, time to eat. Dressing up, he stepped out as others awoke around him as they exited their rooms. He quickened his pase and slamed shut the door of one leaving their room. ''Morning to you too...'' grumbled the disgruntled voice. ''Just making sure your awake'' as he rushed off. Ending his trip at a small hall with a number of tables sat side-by-side an, miss match chairs along the rows. And at the very end sat a tall, green scaled man with tiny glasses, seeing through a few papers. ''Where's breakfast?'' He called out as he gripped a small metal fork. ''Coming soon.'' The scaled man calmly spoke as a ball of slime came rolling out the side kitchen with large plates atop it. Carefully sliding up the table and depositing them in a row along the table. sucking up any crumbs on the way. Just in time as other members came out of there pits, taking up seats as they came. ''So what's the plan for today boss? As he helped himself to the food.

*THUD!*

Only to get a knife in his hand, Pinning it to the table. He pivoted his head to see his attacker reaching in and taking his share.
''I thought we were friends...'' ''You're an ass... and maybe if you stop kicking in my FUCKING door I'd stop this.'' He carefuly sat down as his 'friend' ripped out the knife and leaned over to lay his head on his shoulder ''You know its all in good fun... Sides your tough!'' He spoke as he took his hand and tapped his dark exoskeleton. ''Krisztus... Its too early in the morning so please stop... Pushing his face away with on hand. Eating with another two. And the fourth holding a cup. ''Well for today... We have two jobs... some twits south need a thumping and the usual monsters causing trouble. I'm sure you can sort yourselves out.'' Sliding two letters down for them to read and pass along. ''Also we might have someone new coming so you're not in a rush. Might pair em' up with one of you lot'' He spoke as he finished his drink then promptly left. leaving the rest to argue over who's going were. Returning to his office he sat, sighed and went through a pile of letters, signing, sealing or simply ignoring all together. Passing the time till there was a knock on the door. ''Come in.'' Looking up attentively to see a thin figure in a white robe enter. ''Ah... your thee... person applying correct?'' Pulling out a form and gesturing to the seat. The white figure nodded, sat down and took down here hood that revealed a collection of tight vines wrapping around a unnaturally white skull. ''Welcome. I am Kath. Yours?'' Leaning forward extending his hand. ''Osso Fluir'' Extending her bony hand to shake. ''Now... I read that you know a number of languages, and on top of that you know how to read and write. Not many around that can do it, Impressive... were did you learn that?'' ''I used to live at the parish in this town and they expected me to remain there but... Well I'm here now.'' Twiddling her hands under the table as Kath sat there for a moment looking her down. ''Then why did you leave...?'' Leaning forward sounding sceptical. ''I wanted to see the world.. I mean I didn't run away, I left gracefully of sorts...'' Striating her back up attentively. ''Hmm... we'll give you a run... we have a few jobs come in and you can go with a group to see how you do.'' Gathering papers up and puting them away in his desk. ''Welcome to our little brotherhood.''

Meanwhile...

Slightly below them gatherd, most of the company asembled, fitting armor and gathering weapons ''Alright... So we know were we all are then?'' spoke up as he looked over everyone, to which he had a general nod and 'yeah' from everyone. Walking back up they got stopped by Kath. ''Hey Alpar'' Flagging him down with his hand. ''This is Osso. Take her along with you and see how she gets on.'' ''Igen.'' gave a nod as he fited his tower sheild. ''So... er... whats your equipment...?'' Stopping for a moment to look her up and down. ''This is what I have...'' Streching her arms out, showing her simple white, hooded robe. ''Right. Vivian! Grab an extra weapon on the way up!'' He shouted down as he steped aside to let the others past. ''So... Alpar was it?'' She spoke waiting on everyone. ''Aye. That it is.'' Tapping he sheild with his hands as he waited for everyone to assemble.

''Hey, have a stick~!''

The skinless man cheerfuly said as he passed Osso a spear on his way up. ''Alright... Lads we have a new person joinning us. If shes good she stays, if not, well she goes... Osso, This is Vivian, One who handed you a spear'' To which he gave alittle wave ''Kale'' Another scaled man, giving a nod along with a flick of his tail. ''Henri'' On his four feet, he gave a slight bow, even going as far to take his pointed hat off. ''Bonjour~ may we been seeing much of each other in the future no~?'' Giving a sly smile as he perked his ears up. ''You know... you don't HAVE to attempt to wow the affections of every women...'' Kale spoke up as he gave him a slap to the back of the head. ''Hmpf! Tis only proper to make a good first impression porc.'' Snarling back as he brushed his fur back and put on his hat. ''And this lump is Lupa.'' Pulling back Vivian's cloak back to show a small head resting on his back, two arms holding on tightly and long, delicate wings adorned by soft patterns. ''Is she o-'' She spoke as she put her hand out. ''STOP!'' Only to get Vivian deflect her hand away in a slight panic. ''She's... not fond of being woken up during the day.'' Flicking his clock back up to cover her. ''Well... now that we all got that sorted out. We have a job to do, so lets get to it.'' Gesturing for them to follow him as he stepped out with a few replied groans...
Time for a long walk...
© Copyright 2014 Helix (helix53366 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023530-Petit-Brotherhood-Chapter-1-Vol-1