*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006300-Alice-Hamanaka-vs-The-Crystalanians-Ch5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Other · Action/Adventure · #2006300
Alice heads off to the mysterious ice planet, and makes a life-altering decision.
Alice's feet touch down to the icy ground of the mysterious frozen planet. Suddenly, she pulls out her phone from the waistband of her leggings and looks through the music on it. She plays one of Alicia's songs, called “Shadow Hearts”. As she hears her daughter's singing voice, she speaks.

“I did it, sweetheart,” Alice says with a smile to her daughter's song, tears in her eyes. “I killed Crystalanians, three of them! All with my own power... To defeat these things I have to become a monster, and that's exactly what I'll do if that's what it takes to save you. I'm that much closer to saving you. I love you.”

Alice keeps the song playing from her phone as she focuses, trying to pinpoint the location of the Legendary that's freezing the planet. After walking for several miles, she hears the giggle of a young girl. She keeps walking, as she comes across the girl that the laughed belonged to. She can't be any older than nine. She's four feet six inches tall. She has ice blue hair, and eyes the same color. She wears an ice blue dress. She giggles as she makes large icicles appear in the air out of nowhere, and sends them stabbing into the ground with a wave of her hand.

No... Alice sadly thinks. She can't be the Legendary.. There's no way I can bring myself to kill this girl just for her ice powers.. but I need them..

“Hello!” the girl says as she spots Alice. “My name is Winter!” she exclaims with a smile.

“Ah, I'm Alice,” Alice awkwardly says. “Those are some pretty interesting powers you have there.”

“Thanks! I was born with them. What can you do?”

“Pick up that icicle there,” Alice orders. Winter picks up the icicle in her hand. Alice Reaper Steps, drawing her sword and cutting the icicle in half instantaneously, without even appearing to move from where she's standing.

“Wow!” Winter exclaims as the icicle falls apart in her hand, cut into two pieces.

To defeat monsters, you have to become one... to defeat monsters, you have to become one! Alice wills herself.

Flicker.

Alice Reaper Steps directly in front of Winter, her empty left hand surrounded by white bolts of Reaper energy, because she's charging it.

“What are you doing?” Winter uncertainly asks.

I am a heartless killer.. I am the one who will completely destroy the entire Crystalanian race: men, women, and children! I am a monster. A monster with the power to defeat the Crystalanians!


THUNK.

Alice drives her charged left hand through Winter's heart. Purple blood squirts from the wound onto Alice's arm. Winter screams in pain.

“W-Why...” Winter stutters, tears in her eyes.

“I am so sorry... I am so, so sorry..” Alice mumbles in sadness with tears in her eyes, as white tendrils appear out of her left arm and stab through Winter's chest. No! I can't show remorse.. I'm a coldhearted killer! Alice thinks. Alice absorbs Winter's body into herself, gaining Winter's ice powers. Suddenly, she hears a shout from behind her.

“What have you done to my daughter?!” a male shadow entity screams. He makes large icicles appear next to him, and sends them hurtling toward Alice.

I'm... I'm just as bad as the Crystalanians, Alice realizes. Wait.. I'm not just as bad.. I'm worse. I need to be worse than them to defeat them. From this moment on, I will kill every last person that gets between me and the Sword of Eons!

Flicker.

Alice Reaper Steps through the icicles, and cuts through the male shadow entity multiple times so quickly that she doesn't appear to move. He falls to the ground, sliced into four different pieces as his purple blood stains the snow.

Wait... there's a Legendary Sword here! I can sense it! Alice thinks. It's a powerful one.. One my pentagram necklace won't let me summon! It might even be the Sword of Eons...

Alice forms a Reaper mask across her face and Reaper Steps to the center of town. In the town is a large group of igloos made of ice. She sees a group of shadow entities coming towards her, they must have seen the whole thing.

“Give me the Legendary Sword, or I'll slaughter the whole town!” she announces, drawing her sword and pulling the derringer pistol out of her boot with her left hand. She Reaperfies the derringer pistol. One of the shadow entities, a man in his mid twenties with black hair and red eyes, holding a sword, challenges Alice.

“What do you think you're going to do with that tiny pistol, you freak?” he asks.

“Have it your way,” Alice shouts. She points the Reaperfied derringer pistol straight at him, a ball of Reaper energy floating in front of the barrel.

BANG.

The white blast from the pistol is enormous, and it destroys half the planet.

“FUCK!” Alice yells in frustration. “I overdid it a little. Now I'm gonna have to comb through all this damn rubble to find the Legendary Sword.” She sheaths her sword back in its scabbard and her derringer back in her right boot.


About forty five minutes later, after a long search through the rubble of the planet, Alice finally finds the Legendary Sword. A black sword, with a red ruby imbedded in the black hilt.



“Ah... the Sword of the Dead. Can resurrect any corpse, as long as the corpse is in one piece. Too bad Alicia got cut into fucking pieces, DAMMIT!” She throws the Sword of the Dead into one of her pocket dimensions, and Reaper Steps into space above the planet. She holds out her right hand and opens it toward the planet in frustration. A sphere of Reaper energy appears in her palm. She shoots it towards the planet, and blows up what's left of it in a flash of white. She de-Reaperfies and flies off into space, in search of the Sword of Eons.

Alice continues on this path for twelve years, becoming more and more merciless, and more and more angry. Hate consumes her. She kills and absorbs countless Legendaries, and finds a few Legendary Swords, but not the Sword of Eons. She becomes vilified and feared all over the universe. Alice is getting ready to destroy the entire universe planet by planet until she finds the Sword of Eons.. until she meets... her.


© Copyright 2014 LunarPentagram (lunarpentagram at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006300-Alice-Hamanaka-vs-The-Crystalanians-Ch5