*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988491-RageSorrow----Rager-of-Sorrows
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #1988491
The first-person view of Valreth and his story that changed his very soul.
My name is Valreth Sliashin;

I was once part of the legendary Dragonbound Order. The same that I once upon a time destroyed for the loss of my soul. Many refer me by the title “Ragesorrow”, which stands for one who rages in their sorrows. And many more deem me evil. The villain. The Antagonist. They hear my deeds and fear me. But has the question ever been asked, what about my side of the story? Do they wonder what could have changed such a happy honourable boy, to a cold hearted Tyrant? I do not believe myself to be evil, I only want the best for a new order, an order ruled by one who had the experience in power and discipline. In survival.

I want to share MY story that has been unheard, to why I am the so consisted villain of Kelretha.

Many ages ago when I was but a boy of 12, I discovered an unknown element type of egg that hatched a beautiful dragon female. I named her Vajeshia. For several months I raised her in secret, and we grew fond of each other. It was until my family found out and contacted the Dragonbound Order; those who bonded with dragons of a spiritual soul pact – who taken me away from family to become a student. Many were awed by my dragon, whose leathery hide held the hue of the divines, angelic white with a rosy albino and lavender eyes. Jealousy also rose amidst both elders and students for they knew not what element my dragon was for the majority was the elemental kin, and MY dragon was of no known element. It was for this reason that Jalvian Drathkia; the first Dragonbound himself became my mentor and teacher. Such a high privilege made the emotion of envy flood through the others.

I was like any ordinary young teen with all the emotions that filled one who had a positive life; Happiness. Laughter, Playfulness. Humorous. Love. All these emotions I once held and grew even stronger the dawn I was soul-pact to Vajeshia. There was only one price to such a soul-pact. Dependency. Merging two souls dependant on each other it was educated that if one died so too would the other for no Dragonbound has survived the loss. The emotional destruction was unbearable.

Thus as time slowly went by I excelled and became an honorary student. I was top of my class, my strength, tactic and wits gained the advantages over my peers in both study and sparring. The hardest to admit would be though is my pride. Such a thing that seeps in us all when confidence boasts in praise and glory. I simply wanted to achieve the best; and Vajeshia herself was admired by all.
I had my circle of friends who idolized me for I was a role model to many though others held against me. I did not boast too much and I did indeed take the time for others, though I simply did not let myself get bested by others. I was feared and respected and was the top student. My friends were my allies and everyone else was a rival in training and I took it competitional.

I was happy, each day learning and practicing my skills how to care for my dragon, to groom, to grow our bond, and to become guardians of justice as in the time we were the sentinels of peace. The apprenticeship training lasted for ten years. It was after ten years to hold a graduation ceremony from adept students to advanced training. Ten years… until our dragons were of size and strength to fly upon and bear us.

I always dreamed once after graduation, when Vajeshia and I would ascend in training to learn advanced combat aerial and tactics we would become the greatest team as we already were as close in spirit… The bond I shared with her was deeper than marriage, and was a life commitment.

She was my everything.

I never dreamed that the night after graduation… would be the night that changed my life beyond mental comprehension.

It was a time where one student… one I hate with all my passion… and his name I will NEVER forget… Talis; had enough of feeling I was the top student. He challenged my pride and to something that if I knew what would have happened… I would have refused but how pride drives us to regret… The challenge was simple; to fly with him late at night and ‘search’ for creatures known as Zenil. Ancient terrors from days of old, demonic intelligent creatures who were assassins and bred Dragonbound hunters… Brought to near annihilation in count of species there were so few that the thought of such a legend being around in the restricted forests would be an impossible hoax encounter. I took it light as if calling a myth of monsters under a bed or calling upon demons for laughs. Feeling pride struck I took him up on it, and late at night despite Vajeshia’s upsetness to prove pride… we flew sneaking out past the watch guards.

If only I had listened to my dragon… The future in what I am now would never have existed
.
We flew for less than twenty minutes in the dark night; the three moons bright in the sky as a calm wind brushed past us. Flying near side by side our dragons soared casual and quiet. Not a word was uttered though my heart was pounding with fear and excitement.
Moments before I felt like calling the flight over, a whirling sound came out of nowhere as some twisted snare wrapped and tore into the left wing of Vajeshia which caused her to veer into the trees, crashing and sending me flying. Chilling clicks and screeches were heard as Talis and his dragon overhead turned tail and withdrew, despite my pleas to help as my dragon’s wing was broken from impact. I saw her in the dark, bleeding from her wing as a spiked rigid snare held deep in her deformed wing which sent sharp chills to my core. I was blessed with a light fall considering we hovered barely above the tree tips though the danger was too real. It was to then horror four Zenil emerged from the shadow. Like wolves they hunted in packs so the tales told. Everything seemed to slow as my heart lurched, having only my steel common sword to my side I drew though by the daze of my dragon I knew she could not help.

Everything blurred and happened so fast. I held my ground against the cloaked figured with twisted humanoid faces, looking as if from the hells they spawned and rose; having brutal demonic weapons not possible to forge by man. I stood against one by one and somehow overpowered them, but in the last moment was the worse. One of the Zenil’s from the side slipped past me with a spear tipped with kinsbane poision and at that moment I felt true fear as the tip sank into Vajeshia’s chest plate. The roared whine of my dragon; the sharp lurch of my heart feeling cold stopped empowered me it felt to strike down the creature that struck my dragon. Single handedly I slew the legends… But my dragon… My Vajeshia she bled, her blood seeped from the wound and our cries were unheard far in the distance away from help. There was nothing I could do!

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Talis with his dragon leap into the air from being perched nearby, hopeful that he would help. That hope sank as my soul dug low when he withdrew in the distance. I watched him fade and leave me with my soul partner, bleeding. I cried as I held her neck, her blood staining me. I felt in my core her essence slipping away as her eyes blurred dazed. She felt no pain she assured me and calmed… whispering we would die together though the pain was unbearable in me! It felt like roaring thunder of my heart throbbing, I gasped and held her refusing to let her go. It was in short time then I felt her half of the soul fade into the abyss, leaving me… silence.

Quiet. Eternal emptiness. I awaited to die with her, curling with though a burning hatred was in me for being abandoned… and not even I can understand that somehow… I survived. The pain though was endless agony. My Dragon, was DEAD! My Soul was torn! No more did I feel the emotion of love and happiness! Half my core felt like an unfilling void, the agony mentally was like hellfire ice stabbing daggers of sheer destruction into me and yet I stood! Slowly I tredded back to the academy… Broken.

As my tale went I was found nearly dead. I was comatose for days. I had the HOPE that led disparity that I could be granted a new dragon to fill the void in my soul… But the elders… They turned me down. They expected me to die any day now with the loss; that it was some unforeseen curse that I have survived! I was dead to them all… I was treated the cold shoulder.

It was in all this loss… I snapped. Talis; who dared and betrayed went crying to the elders that he tried to STOP me from proving such foolish pride! I was held accountable! I was exiled! In such pain and loss… I struck down Talis in cold blood. I watched his dragon die with him. I fled and was hunted…

Days in hiding I met this …creature, who offered a cure to my soul’s pain; to embrace a dark master who would give me power to CHANGE the world… To get rid of the agony of my soul shattered apart! In such disparity, I swore my fealty, and with years in time… I gained a new dragon... a void abyssal demon dragon who replaced the pain… and with my new powers… I destroyed the order, slaughtered them in cold hatred as they showed me. I didn’t care anymore. My master, Jalvian went missing but I did not care. With such power I ascended and deemed myself the king. And in years with longlivtivity as a dragonbound I created a kingdom. Throughout hundreds of years with the fall of the order I labelled the dragons as mindless beasts with no emotions and the once fabled order a legend.

This was my tale of how I became to rule; it was not all my fault! And yet I am deemed the monster… I am deemed one who has done harm. Now… from the honorable knight I was?

He did die… He died with his dragon, Vajeshia. He died in the forest with her, and all that remained was the body of the once happy, honorary Valreth… All I am now is what I have become.

A cold hearted tyrant.

{STORY WORD COUNT: 1,844 }
© Copyright 2014 KorvJad (jaiden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988491-RageSorrow----Rager-of-Sorrows