*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974024-
by FLawn
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1974024
A guy steals from a house
I have been in and out with the cops since I was twelve and I am seventeen now. Every new cop knows if he sees me to make sure that I am not doing anything wrong and they all know my name, Rob I am six feet tall, have black hair, and brown eyes. So as I am looking for the next house to rob from I am always looking over my back to see if that car is the cops. As I walk around this neighborhood I find a couple of houses that I think could work. Then I see it… the best house I’ve seen yet so I watch it for a day or two and I am going to steal from this house. It is a ranch that is painted white it has no security system, ether computerized or breathing, I can easily get to the back yard it has no fences the man living there is pretty wealthy but does not show it except for his car it is a Porsche 911.
This house is perfect because he leaves late at night. So as he leaves I start to make my move. I go up to the window in the back and I’m in luck the window is wide open, thank you Florida for today being a nice day to have your windows open. So I cut the screen and jump in. I enter in the living room first which looks like it is centralized in the house it is a really nice house to bad I am seeing it like this. As I look around the house I see a lot of things to steal so I walk around the house for a couple of minutes trying to see everything that I might steal. I find a safe but I’m not good with safes so I’ll leave that here with everything in it. I decide to steal a jewelry cabinet which is half filled with jewelry. It’s not much, but I don’t need much it’s only to pay a couple of bills. As I drive my truck around the corner with everything in it I see red and blue lights on the street I was just on but he stops I front of the house.
But two days later there’s a cop at my door one that I actually like, but I don’t like that he is the one that came that can only mean that they want me to go to the police station, his name is Jim.
“Come with me,” Jim says.
“For what,” I say. Hoping I’m not in trouble for robbing that house two days ago.
Jim is about to say something then just says, “You should know what I’m talking about, I know you were in the area when the crime happened and it has your name on it.”
That doesn’t sit well with me I say, “Alright you can just stop now I know that you don’t know where I was when this crime happened,” trying to not give away that I was really there at that house, “And what that suppose to mean my name all over it?
“Alright let’s just calm I didn’t mean to offend you,” Jim said
As he turns his back I take my opportunity and run. By the time I hear him start running behind me I have a fifteen second head start on him.
Jim yelling says, “STOP RUNNING”
I then start to make random turns up and down back alleys trying to lose him but I hear other people running around trying to find and stop me. I hear then one cop I really didn’t want to hear the one that hates me and I hate him. So I turn down another street but it’s a dead end so I go through some ones backyard and start running again only to find Jim running strait toward me with his teaser he then points it at me before I can react he shoots me with it.
They put me in the back of a police car and take me down to the police station. When I’m there I go into a room and it has one of the things that I stole from the house and I don’t know how to react to it because the owner of it probably already said that it is theirs and if I say that I have never seen it before the cops will say that they found it in my house. So when they do come in and interrogate me I’m surprised when they come in with a TV they don’t ask me about the item on the table. They show me video from the house that I broke into with me going through the house they then ask me where I got the item on the table. So I just confess.
They send me for sentencing. The judge sentences me to a rehabilitation place for troubled teens; I know this is a light sentence because I am almost a legal adult. When I go there it’s not like I have to listen to what the people are talking about. It’s not like anything they say is going to change me as a person.
When I go to the rehabilitation place it is in the middle of nowhere. It is the only building I have seen in like three miles but other than that it is a very nice looking building. They tell me I will have my own room and that I am lucky for this. I go through a number of different classes to help me from getting in trouble with the cops. The thing is this is really starting to make me think that this could help me turn my life around. It really has me thinking where I want to be with my life. I think the reason that I got sent here was because of Officer Jim he has always said that I could turn my life around if I had support which this is giving me. After going through the system for 3 months they finally let me leave the rehabilitation house.
Back in my house for the first time in four months it feels good. But I feel the need to see Office Jim and thank him for getting me into the rehabilitation house. So I walk down to the police station. A say to the women working the front, “Can I see Sergeant Jim?”
She says, “Yes one second let me call him down.”
“Thank you,” I say. As he walks in I ask him, “Is there somewhere private we can talk.”
He says, “Yeah come with me” We go outside by his car.
I say, “Thank you for getting me into that rehabilitation house. I am really going to use it and try to turn my life around.”
Jim says, “I would like to take that thank you but it wasn’t me that got you in there. Want me to get the man that did you will never guess who it is I was surprised when I learned who it was also.”
I say, “Ok go get him.” When he walks back with him I can’t believe my eyes! “DAVID YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SENT ME TO THE REHABILITATION HOUSE?”
David say, “Yeah it was me I was hoping that this could start to help any of the bad blood between the two of us. And help you get the life that you really want.”
I say, “Thank you for this opportunity I am really going to use this help to turn my life around I can not thank you enough for what you did.”
Jim jumps in and says, “I have been asking them to put you in that place for years but they always thought I said it because I am your friend but when David said you should go into it that changed the judges minds and put you into that house.”
David says, “I have seen a little bit of good in for years but now I can tell you mean it when you say that this will help you turn your life around.”
I say, “You guys don’t know what all of this means to me I thought that I would always be in and out of prison my life but now I don’t think that. And David I think this will help to get rid of any bad blood between us.”
David says, “I hope so you’re a really good kid if you have the right people behind you. And Jim and I are behind you so if you need to talk me and him are here for you I hope you know that.”
I say, “Thank you and it’s nice to know that you both have my back.” After that they get a call that they both have to leave for so we go our separate ways for now.
© Copyright 2014 FLawn (flawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974024-