*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953764-The-planet
by noved1
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1953764
a quick test of my descriptive skills.
the most anomalous of all things found floating in the vicinity of the purge source, is a world, classified as "ephemril". it is noted as the world closest to the epicenter of the great purge, and so of great interest to purge cults and lore seekers. to date no void ship has managed to traverse this near endless stretch of space, though a select few architectural explorers have been able to make landfall on its volcanic, barren, and rocky surface. they find nothing but land pockmarked in ruins. what ancient civilization built these ruins, remains a mystery. though what is certain, is that they must have possessed immense knowledge, as the massive fortresses are encased in incomprehensible alien force shields, unseeable by human eyes. one of the more disturbing aspects of these ruins, is that they seem to have there walls repaired, and there force shields renewed. as this planet is thought to be long barren, the cause of this is unknown. perhaps some ancient survivors remain there, and see to the walls integrity. whatever immortal creature, or species, that seems to remain and see to the upkeep of this place, deep inside these million year old ruins, is best left alone. and whatever they protect in these halls, is no doubt of infinite importance.
© Copyright 2013 noved1 (noved1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953764-The-planet