*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942082-Review-of-SPECIES-the-awakening
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1942082
movie review.
SPECIES – The awakening (directed by Nick Lyon, 2007)
By Mr Nizin Lopez.

Species-the awakening is in my opinion a fascinating film, a revelation actually. This movie deals with a something that must have been going on for a long time in hidden laboratories. Even the famous “epic of Gilgamesh” speaks about how Gilgamesh & his twin Enkidu were designed by the Anunnaki lords.
The main character in the film is the drop-dead gorgeous Miranda Hollander (the Swedish goddess Helena Mattsson) who in real life looks like she was genetically engineered by the gods themselves. She is a brilliant college professor who has a normal life & who loves her uncle very much. One day she suffers a blackout under very strange circumstances & ends up in a hospital. There in the hospital she undergoes a metamorphoses, she transforms into an extraterrestrial looking creature & kills some of the medical staff. Basically, Miranda is a shape shifter of enhanced psychic abilities that suffers temporary blackouts due to a biological disorder; she has no memories of what she has done. Her uncle (Tom Hollander) picks her up from the hospital & tells her that they must abandon America. They drive all the way to Mexico.
While on the way he tells her the truth, he reveals that she is not who she thinks she is. Though he sincerely cares about her, he tells her that they have no biological connection & that she was genetically engineered in a Mexican lab by a crazy yet bright individual named Forbes McGuire. All her distant memories of relatives were invented. Her original identity was “G-178” & she is considered a “holy grail” genetically speaking, this is why she was a genius. She is part human/part alien, in order for her to keep a human appearance she must be injected with human hormones three times a year.
Once in Mexico they get a hold of Mr Forbes after some unpleasant experiences with two other hybrids. Forbes is the antithesis of the highly moral Tom, he is an emotionless manipulator who has no sense of integrity at all. He is a dehumanizer loyal to his own pleasure. He has an ultra-sexy girlfriend named “Azura” (Asura is the name given to the demons in some sacred Hindu texts). He refers to this hybrid as “the Director of community relations” yet she doesn’t really mean anything to him; he sees her as an object of indulgence that can easily be replaced by another design. The brilliant Forbes tells Tom that Miranda is dying & that the only way to save her is by sacrificing a female human (this poses a profound moral challenge for Tom). Azura & Tom kidnap a prostitute & conduct the genetic transplant successfully. Miranda is technically saved because she survives the infusion but, her biology is negatively affected by the essence of the promiscuous woman. Miranda assumes an aberrant personality that knows no boundaries & her alien biology surfaces all the way. After preying on different people she kills Forbes (a god killed by his own creation) & then she engages in a mortal combat with Azura. Both Miranda & Azura perish. Tom destroys Forbes’ garden of Eden putting an end to madness & immorality. The righteous Tom Hollander is the only survivor.
If one looks beneath the surface he can see that there are extremely profound messages conveyed in this film. After all, cinema is the perfect method used to say the things that cannot be said openly on national TV.
I find it extremely interesting that main character of the movie was named after an environmentally dysfunctional individual that became notorious in the 1960’s. Basically, what we have here is a vessel containing a luminous Greek goddess in contrast with an un-intellectual being of very low vibratory frequencies.
Forbes subliminally speaks of a forbidden & dangerous subject: echelons. He perceives Miranda as a holy grail of biological information yet he refers to Azura & to the taxi driver (another hybrid) as “subjacent types”.
Though there is no tangible evidence of the existence of non-human intelligences superior to humans, this movie implies their existence. Not only that, it suggests that humans have somehow received alien DNA & that they have recombined it creating different types of hybrids. Miranda for example is a beauty that would have been highly admired by the scientific elite that ruled Europe from the early 1930’s until the late 1940’s. Besides being highly intellectual Miranda possesses of course her natural alien abilities. She can for example decipher digital codes with the mere power of her psyche & she can learn the content of a book just by touching it. The alien specie depicted in this film is aggressive, this means that if such thing would exist the governments of North America, Europe, & Russia  would consider it more precious than gold. If these alien genes would be channeled in a certain fashion these governments could obtain un-emotional super-soldiers of enhanced psychic & physical abilities.
This movie also presents us with a fascinating question: is it ok to brush morality aside in order to achieve supreme scientific outcomes? Personally, I think & believe that the main reason for human existence is love though I don’t like to use such an exploited word for several different reasons. Keep in mind that by “love” I really mean “service of the Ineffable One”. I understand that nature operates in a certain way & I also understand that the universe is organized in a pyramidal structure. I comprehend that some realities out there cannot be ignored & I also realize that darkness is the counterbalance of light. Still, the goal should be love.
In the end, “Species-the awakening” is an excellent film that dares to explore a politically incorrect subject of a very dangerous aroma.

Note: 040601 = 11 (the autograph of the hidden rulers).
© Copyright 2013 DeathMetalForever (nizinlopez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942082-Review-of-SPECIES-the-awakening