*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939371-Midnight-of-the-Heart
by Jesse
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1939371
Woman ends relationsip with boyfriend after cancer
Time: 1159 pm
I suspect that something is wrong with Sara. We had the best sexual intercourse of our relationship. Eight hours of it. Like we just met. Other than that she has been quiet all day. The last time she was this silent her dog,Freckles, had died. He got run over by a semi tractor trailer after getting out of the back yard. There was not much left of Freckles, but she insisted that I bury him in the backyard. I had lost a dog, she took it like she lost a son. I get close behind her as she is washing dishes.
"What is wrong my love?", I ask getting really concerned about the silence.
"Not much love. I just have not had much to say.", she replies. The tone lets me know she is hiding something. I kiss her on the back of the neck. Most of the times I get a reaction out of her by doing that. This time she stays concentrated on the dishes as if the soapy water holds some mystical answer to what is bothering her.
"Alright. If you feel like talking, I am here", I answer back. Whatever it is, it must really be bothering her real bad. I just hope this is not a beginning of a suicide note. I pull away from her and head back to the bedroom to get ready for work. I cannot shake the feeling that a dark emotional storm is brooding.
I get the water running. I love my water to be at about 100 degrees. Nothing like a hot shower to exorcise all things causing tension. I seems to me like all of life's problems rise up with the mist.
I am washing my face when I hear the shower curtain open up. I think to myself, so this is my Psycho moment. It has been a good life. I tense up and expect the worst.
"It's all right love. It is just me.", says Sara, I can almost hear a little laugh in her voice. I rinse off my face and give her a smile. I act like I was never scared. She disrobes and jumps in the shower with me.
"How are you doing my love?", she asks me and she hugs my mid section and bites the back of my left ear. I wait a few seconds in hopes of her hands reaching lower. They do not.
"I am doing great. Just getting ready for work", I reply.
"How have you been Sara. The silence had me worried for a minute", I interject.
She squeezes my mid section a little tighter.
"I will tell you tomorrow. It has to do with my doctor's appointment today", she replies.
"Go to work today and have fun. When you get home in the morning, I will fill you in", was her advice for me. She then stepped out of the shower. She grabbed her towel to dry and then headed to the bedroom. She was fast asleep by the time I got out.
© Copyright 2013 Jesse (jmartinezz48 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939371-Midnight-of-the-Heart