*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937124-Letter-from-Katniss-to-Gale
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1937124
A letter from Katniss to Gale after Katniss win the Hunger Games
June 6th
Dear Gale,

I've probably written this letter in my head a hundred times. I have so much I want to say to you and I don't know where to start. I miss hunting with you. I miss going out there everyday, being able to escape the crazy world we live in. Those were the only times in a day that I was happy. Remember what you said about hunting animals and people. How its all the same. It's not. People fight back, they are armed and animals will run and try to hide but I can almost always outsmart them. I still can't believe I won. It's all so new to me. Those final moments in the games when Cato was getting eaten alive by those vicious dogs and when Peeta and I almost killed ourselves. Those moments were surreal.

When it comes to winning, I'm really surprised. I can't believe me, Katniss Everdeen, the girl one fire, the girl from the seam, what ever you want to call me, won the Hunger Games. Peeta and I won together. Your probably still wondering about this "romance" forming between Peeta and I. The whole star crossed lovers concept was just for the camera. None of those things I said were true. Frankly I was quite mad when Peeta announced in his interviews that he had a crush on me. I thought it made me look weak but Haymitch said it made me look desirable.

I really hope you have been hunting and providing food for Prim. I can't afford to lose her. After what happened to Rue, watching her die right in front of me knowing there was nothing I could of done about it. I know how it feels to lose somebody you love. I'll always remember what you said about the games. How they just want a good show and that's all they care about. Well I hope they are happy, I gave them a good show from the flowers that I placed on Rue's body to honour her, to the attempt of suicide and the thought they might not have a victor. Who knows what they're going to do to me now that I've made a mockery of their precious games. Rue was my alliance but Cato was my enemy. He hated me right from the start. Probably because he first thought he wouldn't have to worry about me because I'm from district 12. What I would of done to see the look on his face when he saw my score of an 11 pop up after private training. The careers are just so snotty and full of themselves.

I can't jump in your head and find out what you are thinking but I can only imagine what was going through your head when I kissed Peeta. It was all for the cameras. Haymitch would send us food whenever we kissed. That's probably one of the things that kept Peeta and I alive. I guess the Capitol and the sponsors love a good love story. It's amazing how even when they are watching innocent people die they still have the audacity to enjoy it only because the two people who are so madly in love will have to kill each other. It disgusts me.
Now I am going to the victory ceremonies. I get to put on a fake smile and act like everything is okay when inside I know I will never be able to live the same. Even with all the fame and riches I will never be able to forget all the people I killed or the people I watched die. I feel bad that you are a part of my life because it's only going to get harder for you as it goes on. I will be in District 12 soon, who knows what will happen.

-love,
Catnip






© Copyright 2013 Madi Fuller (madi595 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937124-Letter-from-Katniss-to-Gale