*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936051-Commentary-on-the-film-Blade-II
Rated: 18+ · Article · Dark · #1936051
vampires symbolizing non-human aliens aligned with the authorities.
COMMENTARY ON THE FILM BLADE II BY MR NIZIN LOPEZ (2002, directed by Guillermo del Toro).

The film “Blade II” revolves around the vampire theme as we expected yet there is more to it. This movie is not just about some half human/half vampire superhero who defends mankind from the blood-sucker threat, it subliminally deals with the extraterrestrial/government relationship. The vampires in this film are an allegory to the non-human aliens that are secretly assisted by the authorities. Let us analyze the compositional elements in this excellent film:
•          Eli Damaskinos, Nyssa, & the rest of the vampires. Eli Damaskinos is the overlord of the vampire nation (an invisible underground society), him & his daughter are considered to be a pure breed. They are affected by silver, by garlic, & by sunlight. They feast on humans that they consider cattle.
•          Super-vampires. This stronger breed emanates from Jared Nomak, begotten from the blood of Damaskinos yet a failed experiment of the vampire nation. Garlic & silver are not a challenge to them but they are not immune to sunlight like Blade. Those initiated by the bite of Jared are of lesser strength, they need to feast on blood every two hours & if the thirst is not quenched they automatically feed on themselves. This specie of super-vampires feast both on humans & on vampires also. They are not only a threat to humanity but to the vampire nation as well.
•          Blade (the majestic Wesley Snipes), an honorable soldier of moral codes who is half human & half vampire. He is immune to sunlight & he is referred to as day-walker.
•          Familiars: humans at the service of the vampires, they believe that if they contribute to the vampire agenda they will be considered “pets” & not cattle like the rest of humanity. There are two main examples of “Familiars” in this movie, one is an ungrateful clown named Josh who betrays Blade, & the other one is a “lawyer” named Karel Kounen who belongs to the European Health Consortium. This Lawyer associated with the medical industry has the assistance of human paramilitary groups. Damaskinos envisions a super breed higher than Jared Nomak, this envisioned breed of his can be immune to sunlight like Blade. The human Karel assists the overlord & supports his biological experiments (for a few favors [the table crumbs that fall]).
So, if we analyze the compositional elements of this film, we can see that they are symbols meant to convey a higher & deeper truth. The vampires are equivalent to the non-human aliens who are said to oversee humanity (some are considered benevolent & others are considered “not so benevolent”). There appear to be different types of extraterrestrials so in this film we have vampires & cannibal super-vampires. Blade is half human & half vampire, this could be symbolic of the governmental experiments mixing human DNA with alien DNA. Then of course we have the humans that the vampires feast on, these are the regular citizens who are not concerned with higher truths & so on, they don’t question their environment, they are just normal human beings who labor, consume, & compete with each other.
Basically we have the following structural pyramid:
Vampires: extraterrestrials, the apex of the pyramid.
Hybrids: humans who have a significant amount of extraterrestrial genes (like the “Gilgamesh” of Uruk who was ¾ divine).
Familiars: symbolic of the authorities that cooperate with the non-human aliens.
Humans: Most of them don’t even know that there is a non-human “All seeing eye” all the way on the top.




© Copyright 2013 DeathMetalForever (nizinlopez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936051-Commentary-on-the-film-Blade-II