*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931598-Plausibility-prevails
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1931598
“It is entirely plausible that you are a remarkable young woman, as you claim,”
“It is entirely plausible that you are a remarkable young woman, as you claim,” the Professor said, raising his eyebrows.

Gina heard this comment and decided to focus on the use of “plausible”. The word offered scope to convince, even after what came next.

“However, with your grades in front of me, I can’t see it. You’re clearly not suited to education.”

After two hours Gina had, somehow, convinced the professor that this would work. Very reluctantly, he’d accepted her onto his degree programme.  Gina knew this was her big chance: no other educational figure had stood by her. They all said she was stupid.

Months zoomed past - Gina didn’t notice: her head in her books. One of her papers was so good they checked for cheating. 

Standing on stage three years later, First Class degree in hand, Gina looked into the professor’s eyes and casually said “remarkable, huh?”



Written for the “150 word wonder” contest – 05-02-13
Word count = 150
© Copyright 2013 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931598-Plausibility-prevails