*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922794-The-Will-of-a-Woman
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1922794
The strength of a woman's will.
It has been three years since I had seen that man's face. The man who changed the course of my life forever; the man who instead of loving me, left me.



It was never supposed to be like this. I had had three years to change my thinking, but I found myself looking at him with desire instead of disgust. Of course when he looked at me he could never hide the disdain on his face. Why did I even find myself still attracted to this jerk? Darren was an idiot, which would make me an even bigger idiot since I was still in love with him.



Darren was getting ready to marry Eva Greenway, the ugly old hag that he left me for. Ok ok. She wasn't ugly. She had long golden blonde hair and green eyes that shimmered like an Irish emerald. Damn her. She had legs for days and perky breasts. Not that mine aren't perky, but gravity has started to take its toll on me. Darren and I were supposed to be together forever; at least that is what he promised when he slipped his ring on my finger. Of course after seven years of marriage he just up and changed his mind. Damn men and their mind changing.



I was not supposed to even be here today, but Darren decided that he needed me to give him my blessing. What in the hell did he need my blessing for? Why in the hell would he think that I would give it to him? He left me for Little Miss Perfect, he chose to walk away. He wanted a blessing, well I could give him a nice fist in the nose. No. I could never hit him, like I just explained I still love him. Damn you too, Darren.



Darren looked absolutely amazing standing here in my living room. His jeans showed off his muscled legs and tight butt(well I could imagine). His upper arms barely fit the sleeves, oh god, how I missed being wrapped in those muscles. For one second I thought that maybe just maybe I could win him back. It crossed my mind to start stripping off my clothes, but then I would become a homewrecker and that is not going to happen.



Before I could do anything stupid I said, "Darren, why do you even need my blessing? I haven't talked to you in years. You are my ex for a reason."



"I need you to be ok with this because I know that I was wrong to do the things I did. I know it was wrong to walk away from what we had, but I knew then that she was my soulmate."



I wanted to punch him, but I knew what he needed to hear. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and said, "If it is my blessing you want, then I will give it to you," When I opened my eyes he was staring at me with misty eyes. I felt like I had a weight lifted off of me. I was nowhere close to being able to let go, but it felt wonderful to give him what he desired.



They say "If you love something you have to set it free." Well, I just set him free to marry the woman of his so called dreams. It was the beginning for me, but it was finally a step in the right direction. One day soon I, Michelle, will finally be free of Darren.
© Copyright 2013 Ally Stafford (allystafford at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922794-The-Will-of-a-Woman