*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910836-School-Essays
by Emmy
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1910836
As time goes on I intend to add each and every one of my school essays to this item!
My First Story; Deathly Revelations



By Emily Shilling







A wave of anxiety washed through Venus’ mind. It isn’t like this is the first time she had been held hostage, in fact, she had been captured four times previously. She just knew that this time, it was worse. In her four years of being a spy, she had never seen so many mysterious disappearing in Alexandria. Traitors of the king, was probably most likely.



With friends turning into foes, no-one knew who to trust. Kiira’s betrayal had made things worse. Everyone became suspicious , knives tucked into sleeves, guns concealed in boots, people constantly wary of each other. If you were to see this underwater nation, you wouldn’t of guessed that fifteen short years ago, it was paradise, the great marble palace that once held many noble events lay there, stripped of its golden gilding , graffiti and weeds covering the ruins of that which was good.



Nobody but one knew the truth of why King Neptune became the monster he is now. Her name is Lillith.



“Speak child” rasped the all-too familiar voice of the guard. “Speak now and your life may be spared.”



A dark humourless chuckle escaped Venus’ lips. She wouldn’t say anything, her life was a very small price to pay for the freedom of thousands. They wouldn’t hear a word. Whatever methods they use.



Fear plastered every corner of Venus’ mind as he walked out.



He re-entered a moment later only to drag her out roughly by the hair before throwing her into a place she vaguely recognized as the throne room. Trembling with a mixture of fear, disgust and pain she spat on the ground before King Neptune.



“You idiotic child! How dare you dishonour me in such a disgra- King Neptune stopped suddenly when none-other than Lillith burst in.



“Stop!” Lillith yelled. “Stop in the name of the little humanity you have left in you.”



King Neptune was astounded. “Lillith, is that you?” whispered Neptune, as if afraid for it to be true. The air felt heavy, as if mixed with emotions. Suddenly something snapped.



“Mom?” Venus said shakily, she didn’t know how, but some way, she knew she was right.



“Yes, I am your mother, I am so sorry for leaving you, but wait, I can explain.” Said Lillith exasperatedly.”Your father is Neptune. Years ago, we had a forbidden love for each other, he a king in his castle and I a mere servant. When I fell pregnant with his child, I was sentenced to death. I fled Alexandria in hope of you surviving. Shortly after I gave birth to you, I was captured by soldiers. I’ve only been able to escape now so we must hurry, we don’t have much time.”



“Lies!” King Neptune roared. “Lillith is dead! Take them to the execution room and tell the people of Alexandria of their deaths! Maybe they will then learn what happens to liars like this pair!”



The execution of Lillith and her daughter was what sent the people of Alexandria over the edge. It was the last straw. Alexandria was now in fully fledged war.



“Great mirror of mine! I want to see every last emotion on these traitors faces before they die.”



Neptune was not prepared for what the mirror showed him next.



“Great gods of the waves Lillith it really is you! What have I done?”
© Copyright 2012 Emmy (emmyonwattpad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910836-School-Essays