*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908296-Your-Love-is-My-Oxygen
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ihw
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1908296
When it all gets too much for him, she's there.
Hi there! So this is my very first piece of work to go on the internet. I'd really, really appreciate it if you could leave any sort of comment and criticsm. And thanks for reading my work. I hope you guys enjoy it. :)

*

He can't breathe.

He feels like there's an elephant sitting on his chest, making itself comfortable and forcing every last bit of oxygen out of his body. He runs to the kitchen, gasping for air as he goes and chugs down water like his life depends on it. It helps a little bit; the suffocating feeling slowly starting to disappear as the lump in his throat shrinks, allowing air back in.

It's been a long time since this happened.

He curls up into a ball on the cool floor, eyes squeezed shut, tears welling up because his head is pounding and dear God, oh God it hurts please make it stop.

A door creaks open.

The next thing he knows, familiar hands are wrapping themselves around his wrists, pulling them away from where the heel of his palms are pressed against his closed eyes, pulling him up off the floor.

He lets out a whine but she stays silent, saying nothing. She leads him back to their room, pushing him back onto the bed gently and crawls in after him. Her nimble fingers lift his worn out shirt and slip it off effortlessly. Her lips brush against his eyelids and the tip of his nose before leaving a trail of light kisses along his jaw.

"Shhhh..." She whispers against his skin. "I'm here. I'm right here."

His fingers clench the sheets and he bites his lip because he wants, no, he needs this. He needs this with every fibre of his being.

And she knows. He doesn't say a word but she knows.

And later when her warm body is curled up into his side, her fingers tracing circles on his bare chest and he's breathing in the soft scent of her hair, a sense of overwhelming peace overcomes him and it's strange. It's strange because how can peace be overwhelming?

But it is.

And as he settles into a deep slumber, he knows he'll be okay.

As long as he has her, he'll be okay.

-Fin
© Copyright 2012 ihw (imanhw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908296-Your-Love-is-My-Oxygen