*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903500-Never-Give-Up
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1903500
Its about a harworking soccer player who never gives up.
                                       It was a Saturday morning and I was heading to my soccer game. We were already in the finals, and we were still undefeated. I thought to myself, we are going versus a team called the bulls. They had seven wins and one lost. I was the captain of the team and everyone would count on me. It’s kind of stressful when everyone wants you to play your best butt nothing’s better than playing what you love.

So I was off to the game and we would play the most aggressive team in the tournament. They were known to break people’s leg and to hurt a player for weeks. So all my teammates were there and all of the bulls were there staring at us with a hatred. So we started and they had ball first. We mostly had the ball for the first half and we were controlling the game. I was heading to the goal with the defenders behind me it was just me and the goalie left and goal!

It was just 5 minutes left in the first half and I had the ball I was going through all the players like nothing. And boom that’s when it happen a player slide tackled me and I was injured. I had to sit out and the player that fouled me was banned from the game. It was the end of the first half with the bulls leading 2-1. Everybody was counting on me to come back and so I did with me limping on the field I was ready.

So we started and this time the ball was ours. With every jump or pass my leg would ache. I was trying my best to stay in the game and not let my team down. My teammate Robby had just made a goal and we were all tied. It was a corner kick and I was going to kick it. So I kicked as hard as I could and made it to the center of where everyone was at. The ball flew and flew until it perfectly landed on a head of my teammate witch tied the game. There was only 5 minutes left in the game and both teams were trying as hard as they could. I especially was trying my best I would always pass the ball instead of taking it by myself.

We were all down to the last 2 minutes. I thought to myself we have to make a goal quickly. I thought why did we come this far and to achieve nothing. So it was the final minute and we had the ball my teammate was dribbling down the field quickly. I was to his side with no one defending me. He passed me the ball with one defender in front of me I shook him of me and the person that was left was the goalie. I faked the kick witch made the goalie go to the opposite side of where I was kicking. So I bent my leg all the way back and hit the ball right in the middle which shot like a bullet into the goal. And right after I shot the goal the referee blew his whistle which ended the game. We were all happy and celebrating our win. It was my first championship win and I felt great, well except for the injured leg. But still I was glad of my team and glad that I came on to the field and shared this moment with my teammates. So if you keep on trying you well succeed
© Copyright 2012 Jonathan Mendoza (jonmendoza at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903500-Never-Give-Up